cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create storage bins and transport to production

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a predefined list with storage bins that I want to create and transport to prod. system.

How can I upload from excel and create storage bins with verification number (barcode)?

I tried LS05 but can't figure out how to do so. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your bins increament in a meaningful way e.g. A-01-001, A-01-002 ... A-01-045, A-02-001... A-02-045 etc.you can use LS10 / LS05 to create the bins.
Use this small tutorial and you'll get it working:

http://dominiktylczynskien.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/mass-creation-of-storage-bins-in-productive-sap-...

If not, if you just want to create a list of bins you already have in an excel file, you can create a LSMW for transaction LS01, it is quite quick and easy, you can even use someone's existing LSMW, I can send you LSMW file for import that works pretty flawlessly if you define the data in excel correctly...
If you cannot create LSMW on your own, please contact me on private message to acquire LSMW file from me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no upload function for specially designed for storage bins.

You would need to use LSMW or batch input recording to do so.

Usually bins are nothing else than coordinates in a warehouse, you define a template in LS10 and can then create the bins based on that template.

In a development system you can do it directly from LS10, while in for a production system you have to transport the template from Dev to Prd and then execute LS05.

How do define such templates is pretty well explained in help.sap.com and more than 100 discussions here in SCN, so I will not repeat it again, please use the search function on top right of the forum