cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with $ORACLE_HOME 10g RAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a doubt that I want to post here.

The SAP-ORACLE Installation guide specifies that the path to ORACLE_HOME for a oracle 10.2g intallation should be "/oracle/<SAPSID>/102_64", but we got

"/oracle/<SAPSID>/1020_64"

I'm asking: Is any problem (or possible issue) with that for any component of mySAP ERP 2005 or Netweaver2004s SR1

We are new at this, and we never thought that THAT could be any problem..but we've been adviced by sap consultors that it could be.

Please I'm asking if someone with a GOOD knowledge if SAP-ORACLE installations could say what's exactly the problem with that , if there's any.

Also, if there's someone who knows some procedure (or where to find some guidelines) to install SAP on a 2machine RAC with a oracle 10.2g installation (just the software, with any database yet) would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauri,

if you go to http://www.oracle.com/newsletters/sap/products/rac/rac4sap_howto.html

you'll find white papers to implement RAC on either UNIX/Linux or Windows

The main page is www.oracle.com/sap and on the left you see Real Application Clusters

regards

Barthez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you both. We thought that was like you both said -with the plus that IS a variable (ORACLE_HOME) - sooo....we were very surprised by consultants who said that THAT was critical...

Thank you again,

bye

Mauri

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mauri,

/oracle/<SAPSID>/1020_64 is ok, the thing you need to make sure is the environment of the user ora<dbsid> must be set or corrected as follows:

ORACLE_HOME /oracle/<SAPSID>/1020_64

and also make sure ORACLE_BASE, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and ORA_NLS10, etc. set to correct accordingly.

Thanks,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to the naming rules used by most SAP

installations, the $ORACLE_HOME is /oracle/<dbsid>/1020_64.

Have a look on http://service.sap.com/dbaora -> Media Library -> Oracle RAC.

And morever ORACLE_HOME is a variable....

Regards

Vinod