cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access request form fields changing if request is self or other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

When open a new Access Request all the fields from the EUP work as expected with designated mandatory fields and visible fields (attachment "AC other") but for some reason when I change the "Request For:" dropdown to some other value (in this example "Self") all the fields become visible and Mandatory disappears (attachment "AC Self") what can I do to correct this behavior?

Note: If I assign the default value as "Self" and then change the field to "Other" I get the same results (all visible fields) so is something that happens when changing "Request For:" dropdown.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

see the latest note which seems to fix your problem:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1959323

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

This note seems to be applicable for GRC 10.1 with SP05, can you please update us with the note for SP04 with version 11..?

Regards,

Ameet

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

the note is in 11 SP05 so you should be able to implement. Can you try to download and implement?

Regards,

Alessandro

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Can you check webdynpro component : GRAC_UIBB_ACCESS_REQUEST once because i think there might be code written to hide fields in onselect( ) action of request type.

PFB the snapshot for reference.

If not, pls check WDDOINIT( ) method of view V_SELECT_USER as shown below

PS : Compare your code with the attached file code.

If still the issue exists, Pls refer to this note : 1670922.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Katrice

I too have the same fields mandatory issue  - when the Create request is SELF  the manager, First name, Last Name, Email id are Mandatory, but when i choose the create request for others - all these fields become not mandatory.

I have checked the Webdynpro object GRAC_UIBB_ACCESS_REQUEST, it isnt available in my GRC 10.1 SP4.

Any help is appreciated.

Naveen

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jonathan:

As far as I understand, changing from Self to Other should not have an effect on the fields (either being shown and/or being required).  If this is the case, I suggest to enter a CSS Incident Support Ticket.

Thanks.

Kevin Tucholke

SAP America

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

can you please check the end user configuration in SPRO > GRC > AC > User Provisioning > Maintain End User Personalization. You have to ensure that the settings are properly made for your template.

Best to create a EUP configuration for each of your templates so that you can define each field. I don't recommend to use the Default EUP.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I created a EUP and also tried with the default but no luck.  I guess what Im trying to understand is for example; I can create EUP and assign them to the different stages of the workflow but when I change the drop down of "Request for" is not like the workflow changes to another stage that I can assign the EUP.  So the question is;  is it possible to assign different EUPs for the different options on the "Request for" drop down? like EUP 001 for value "Self", EUP 002 for "Other" etc?  Because either I have to do that or that's where the problem is.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

As you said, these EUPs can be used only at stage configuration level (to the best of my knowledge). I dont think that you can use the same at the time of raising the request. I believe system picks up default EUP for this.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

So could this be something like a Java Script bug?  Because I only have 3 EUPs (including the default) all of them have the same fields visible and hidden, the only difference is some of the default values but as explained before if I change from "Request for: Self" to "Request for: Other" all fields become visible.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jonathan,

if you are using template based requests you can specify a dedicated EUP configuration for your request submission.

You can specify the EUP in the Template Management in NWBC > Access Management.

Can you please let us know if you are using template based requests and if you have specified a dedicated template for your requests?

Just as an information: additionally you can specify a different EUP for each stage in the msmp workflow. E.g. Manager stage, Security Stage, Role Owner stage, etc. might have different settings when it comes to approval.

Regards,

Alessandro