cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP EHP with SAP Hana database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m with a doubt regarding the SAP ERP product. I checked if the ERP versions are available for SAP Hana database and I only see the SAP ERP 6.0 EHP6. My question is, it´s possible to install the SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 on SAP Hana? If not, it´s possible to know when it will be available?!

I don´t understand this because when I go to PAM (service.sap.com/pam) and I search for EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0, in "Technical Release Information" -> "Database Platforms" tabs, I don´t see the SAP Hana database but in other way in EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 it show me the SAP Hana Database (see my image bellow).

What I don´t understand and I think it is strange for me, is the difference of type for SAP Hana DB because in the PAM area, when you check for EHP6, you will see that there are two types of product, the EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 and also EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 ON HANA.

What this means!? Why this is not available for EHP7 (...ON HANA) but in other way it´s available for EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0!

I´m a little confused with the differences! Can you explain me please?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

Yes, I already understand that! That´s not a point here! My doubts is to understand the nomenclature of those products and realize if there are some differences between this products, because I see at SAP Marketplace in SAP ERP EHP installation software at http://service.sap.com/swdc and also in PAM, the name EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 ON HANA and I don´t see the same name for EHP7 (it only show the option SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 (not "on Hana"), what does this mean?

Other thing that is for me strange is, if you search in PAM the ERP EHP6 product, the "EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 ON HANA", why it show all the database possibilites to install in "Technical Release Information" --> "Database Platforms" tabs!!! If this is only for HANA DB ("On Hana") why it shows other types of databases (like Oracle; SQL Server; DB2...)?

Thank you,

samid raif