cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two warehouse numbers in one plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have two warehouse numbers in one plant and how do i get this to work?Can the same users work in first and second warehouse?What are the things that i need to define searately in second warehouse number?What is the difference if i still have one warehouse number and split two warehouses in 2 different warehouse numbers?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have two warehouse numbers in one plant and how do i get this to work?
Sure, you just need to create another WhNum and assign it to the SLoc(s).

Can the same users work in first and second warehouse?
Yes, but you will be required to change their WM profile in LRFMD to make it work.

What are the things that i need to define searately in second warehouse number?
Not sure I understand the question correctly. You need to have all the WM settings for this warehouse number separate, although some values might be the same (print program, storage types, movement type config, etc.) but they need to be specified for the key of your new WhNum.

What is the difference if i still have one warehouse number and split two warehouses in 2 different warehouse numbers?
There are many differences... You will be able to make the movement types config different which is important if your process requirements are different.
You will have two warehouse monitors RF monitors (LRF1/LRF2 t-code).
You will be able to specify different internal SU number if you are using storage units.
You will be able to have the same storage types in different WhNUms, e.g. you can have 001 in WH1 and 001 in WH2 too without conflict.
Have different print programs, settings in mobile data entry etc.
Well, there are many other differences. It would be good if you could specify which operations / processes are of interest so we could elaborate about the specific differences you are interested in.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically, you can go through settings in OLML, Warehouse Management and Mobile Data Entry.

Every settings done on Warehouse Number level would be the difference between staying on 1 WhNum and switching to 2 WhNums.

If among those, you find any config option that requires being different than the current WhNum setting, you can say that you are a candidate for 2 WhNums.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A warehouse is assigned to a plant storage location combination. If you defined each building as a storage location and want manage it as an individual warehouse, then this is in general possible.

And you have to do the same things  for your second Warehouse as you already did for the first, Why should that be different? And like a person can do the work in reality in 2 buildings it is as well possible in SAP that one user can work with 2 warehouses if the the authorization guy has not messed up.