cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working on a requirement where we are merging multiple source system data at Teradata and reporting off the Teradata.

In this current requirement I have two tables one is coming from One source System another is coming from Oracle. One Table 'A' has 13 columns and Table 'B' has 20 columns.

Following columns are common in both tables:

Material

Plant

Req_n

UoM

Qty

Action

Material Doc Number (Primary Key)

Material Doc LIne no. (Primary Key)

How can I merge the data at Universe create report in webi from these two tables.

Please suggest.

Regards

As

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot say that you cannot merge the data.

You need to talk with your data architect and understand the granularity of the two tables to start with.

Then you can decide what columns are simply descriptive, relating to a row rather than changing the granularity.

This is far more of a data warehouse design question than a universe design question - if you are talking about merging in the universe then there are clearly issues with your data model.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First point is universe supports only single database connection at one time. So, Merging of two different data sources are to be done on WEBI end.

All you need to do is create 1 universe pointing to tera data DB and another pointing to ORacle DB.

Now simple create two different data provider using these different universe and merge the neccessary objects,

For merging only object types need to be same else merge will not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot merge the data @ universe level. Merging the objects is possible only @ Webi report level.

When you merge the common objects from both tables the objects should be of same data type only.