cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already logged in elsewhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sometimes my Agentry Client crashes, which is very unfortunate. (I'm working with SAP Work Manager 6.0 WPF client).

When I try to log in again, I get the message 'Already logged in elsewhere'.

I can restart my local server to log all users out, but this is not desired when working in a production environment.

How can I remotely log out users without having to restart the server?

Kind regards,

Judith

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a known issue where if the WPF client closes it will get a different device ID next time it transmits to the server.  The Agentry Server will not let a client with a device ID take over a user session.

This issue will be resolved in SMP 2.3 SP05

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our client uses SMP 2.3 03 and we face the same issue "Already logged in elsewhere" in production system some times(when Agentry client crashes).

So we are looking for a work around.

Just tried with ANGEL time out value but could not get any success.

We can easily convince to the user to retransmit after 10/15 minutes.

Your valuable idea would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance!

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

On the SMP 2.3 Control Centre, go to drill into Applications and select your application, on the right hand panel, click on the Active Users tab. You will see a list of users there, choose the user that you would like to disconnect and click on the "Disconnect" button. This should disconnect that user that you're trying to login with.

Hope this helps.

Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sizo,

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

We can not access to SCC(SMP 2.3 03) while any user is on line/connected to the server as SCC gives some unknown error.

please refer below thread, people say this is a known error for SMP-2.3 03.

Can't we forcefully session out after some specified time period.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir;

I'm not sure about the sessioning out after a certain period, but maybe an upgrade would fix the issue. We're on SMP 2.3 SP04 PL01 and do not experience this issue.

Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

Yes, you can force a session out after a set time using the [Server] inactiveTimeout setting in the Agentry.ini.  By default this is set to 10 minutes (600 seconds).  After that amount of time the server should disconnect that user session.

--Bill

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for your reply.

The setting(inactiveTimeout=600) is already there in the server section of Agentry.ini file.

Some times It works perfectly fine closes the session after 10 minutes but some time It does not work.Server tries to send keep alive pulse of 482 times after each one second which keeps session active. I don't understand why It's 482 times which takes around more than 3 hours.

PFA Agentry.ini and TransmitConfigurations.ini file of my server.

Do I need to change any other settings?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have already tested with the latest WPF client available and it is still not working I would suggest that you open a ticket with support for additional assistance.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

We have a client that is experiencing the "Already logged in elsewhere" issue on iOS client for SMP 2.3 SP04. Can your confirm that this has been fixed in SP05?

I tried looking in the release notes but was unable to find any reference to this being resolved.

Thanks,

John

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Recently we have upgraded our SMP server and client to 2.3 SP05 to address this issue and It's working for us.

But we found one issue, whenever we  increase the Agentry logging level It's not working but with disabling logging It works fine.

@Experts,

If any body faced the Agentry logging issue in SMP-2.3 SP05 please help us. Logging is important for us to support the end user we are in initial phase of go live.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go the SMPAdmin->Users->ApplicationType (Agentry).

Select the user and click on disconnect.

Cheers

Fouad