cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Governing Company (Config object - Table T880) in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help with some insight on how SAP MDG offers governing process for Company (T880) in MDG 7.0

Here are few questions.

a.  Should we use single processing of Entity option or is there a standard sap delivered Change request type ?

b.  Since is configuration item, will the change request when approved creates any transport in target ? or is this handled as master data item ?  Incase it crates a transport number, then will the replication model be pointed to development business system ?

c.  I do not have access to MDG system yet so haven't looked at the outbound implementation mechanism, what is the interface approach - idoc / flat flie or function module ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Saran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saran

1. You can use CR Type OG_COM in MDG 6.1 or OG_ALL for MDG 7.0 to create Edition and create CR with for entity type Company as blank CR and then maintain  it in Single Processing.
  2. As it is Customizing object we can replicate usinf SOA service only, IDOC replication is not possible. As CR have to goverance apprval process dont thing it creatyes transport request in replication
Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay thanks for reply.

But I was looking for SAP Best practice on this.  Is the suggested way to replicate to Dev or Production system ?

Company is a config object which needs to be available even before the company code is created in Development system.  Not sure at what time the Change request need to be processed in MDG production landscape.  Can anyone help me with best practice here and the approach which need to be followed.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saran

If you are talking about company i.e trading partner then process is different. You don't govern this entity but you can load the company data in MDG using NWBC - Company object. In your edition for GL, add the company and then create a layout in MDG - NWBC. Take the dump of all the company i.e trading partners from ECC and load it in MDG. Thus you get all trading partners in MDG. Later you can use this company to create company code via change request.

For data load for Company, you can follow the governance process as you have to create a blank CR to load the data.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran for being very active in MDG thread.

So what you are saying is Company / trading partner (T880) can only be updated into MDG using initial load process and cannot be governed for regular maintenance ?  Looks strange to me when initial load CR process works why not single company maintenance possible ?

You say "You can use company to create company code via change request".  Do you mean Company code (T001) can be created Via MDG thru change request process ?  Even in this scenario once change request is approved in hub, how is that replicated to target ECC system ?

I didn't get that.  May be am missing something.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saran

The company table is different in MDG. Its not T880 and that is the main reason you have to use upload. You can govern company from MDG too by creating separate CR type. The way you do it for upload.

Kiran

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

MDG 7.0 provides an out-of-the-box functionality for central governance of company (T880) data. The same is refelcted by the entity type "COMPANY". In the predefined content you can find everything you need (Edition Types, CR Types) for any kind of MDG processes (Initial Load, Data Maintenance, Replication).

It is correct that you need a transport request on client side if you replicate companies. The same is valid for a couple of other entity types, too. Nevertheless, if you setup your system according to the MDG-F Configuration guide, you're on the safe side.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

That makes sense.  If familiar, can you also help me with SAP best practice here. 

-  When we create a Change request in MDG Prod system and have it approved, which is the suggested communication channel to target ECC system. (Flat file or SOA)

-   Should the Target ECC be Development or Production instance ?

Or we have the governance in MDG and once CR is approved we manually go create the Company as configuaton object in ECC ?

Thanks,

Saran.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

the default would be SOA since this is supported out-of-the-box. The target ECC somewhat depends on your system landscape strategy:

• if you want to use the same company in all of your systems (dev, test, prod), you could use the dev system as target and transport the customizing changes via the transport workbench
  • if you want to keep systems separated w.r.t. to companies (e.g. due to the fact that in dev and test some "fantasy" records are used), the receiver should be the prod ECC

You should not do any manual interaction on the target ECC.

Best regards

Michael

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael

When we create company or company code in ECC, we do lot of testing. The challenge I faced governing company from MDG is you can replicate the data from MDG to various systems but if we move the data in all systems - dev / quality and prod, how to assure that the correct data is created? Testing is not yet carried out for the new code.

You can do manual replication but then maintaining edition is tough task for users.

If we suggest to replicate company in Dev then additionally we have to create ALE or transport request to move the company from one system to other.

Can you guide me how to govern the company or company code from MDG in such cases?

Thanks for your help as always and quick reply.

Kiran

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

you need to discuss this topic within your project. There is no general rule or guideline available for that.

Best regards

Michael

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael.

Kiran