cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactions of removed object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working with SAP Work Manager 6.0 on SMP 2.3 SP4.

When finishing a job, the user closes the work order. Severall steps are executed (in background, because it is configured like this if I am working on line) like posting changed notes, adding labor and setting the status of the work order to complete.

Now executing the transmit action while these background steps are still being processed, gives me this:

*translation*

Status of order 35050975 does not allow changes. Error using the BAPI-methods.

this makes sense, since I just set the status of the order to TECO.

the settings of the step WorkOrderCompleteSteplet are to delete the client object.

but why would the client try to transmit transactions for objects that are already deleted?

is this because I initiated the transmit session before all the background steps were executed?

it seems as if the client waits for the current background step, but not for all of them that are in queue? how can I avoid this behavior?

Thanks for your input,

Judith

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Judith,

I am not sure why WorkOrderPostCurrent is running after WorkOrderPostComplete has run.  Agentry will continue to run all transactions that are defined in an Action.  It doesn't matter that the object has been deleted from the client.  What concerns me is that the flow is trying to update a work order that cannot be updated any longer in SAP.  This just seems like a logic error in the Action.  I'm guessing that the editor definitions been customized leading to this problem.  Work manager was not really designed to be used with background sending either, at least it doesn't ship that way for certain.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The LaborAdd and WorkOrderPostCurrent belong to a custom Action '1' (with background sending).

The WorkOrderPostCurrent action is executed after I push the standard 'Transmit' button, so a second action is initiated.

Here is what I think is happening:

Action 1 + transactions still executing in background

-> push 'Transmit'

-> transactions are created, because object still exists

-> transactions from action '1' are being transmitted further

-> object is deleted from client

-> transactions of action '2' are transmitted

Can I somehow 'disable' the transmit button untill background sending is finished?

Or can I somehow manipulate the server to check if client objects still exists before actually posting the transaction?

Or should I just make sure there is a real 'transmit' action step in action '1'? (then what if user is working off line?)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Judith,

For the background send, you could turn on the transmit window for this configuration.  That would force the user to wait.  There is no way to disable action buttons until background send is complete like you asked.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP