cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry app Publishing through VPN is extremely slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.
I've started with Syclo only a month ago.

With current set up both PROD and DEV servers are on remote machine and accessible from VPN. I working using "Map network device" in windows and locally installed Agentry Test Environment. Every-time I do a little change and want to see it - publishing process takes about two hours. On that time Eclipse says "Not responding" for an hour and then it actually publish for about an hour. More then that, due to my low experience it happens some time that I do something wrong and to recover I have to Reset test client and publish a back-up of the project, after which initial Synchronization takes three hours more.

I kind of feel very bad - because technically my productivity is amazingly low. What I could do? look into? in order to work around and manage to do things faster with Agentry?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the Editor is on your machine but the servers are on a different machine?

Can you try installing a server on your machine and publish to that.  Then you can publish files and move them over to the Sever on the VPN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Editor is on local, server is on remote.

I kind of tried already to simply copy the folder with server to my laptop - but that gives communication error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give more information on your communication error? Is the Server move from remote to local getting the error while the files are being transferred? 

- Can you try removing the log files then zip the folder before you start to move it

Or you talk about the communication error when a client tries to connect to the server on your laptop.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend just installing the same version of the server locally (not copying from the remote machine) and setup the environment to connect to the same backend server (over the VPN).

Then as Steve mentions you can publish locally, test and confirm before moving the other remote server.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve, sorry, my bad.

So I copy/pasted all the files from remote to local laptop and then tried to connect, that's what Agentry Test Environment client said:

"Communications error (14)

Connection failed"

Bill, but then I need like another serial-number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved by installing Eclipse in the server environment and then using Remote Desktop Connection.

Answers (0)