cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order with special procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a problem raising a sales order were the material has a special procurement marker as there is a clash between this and the Item category we have to enter on a sales order.

We get our products manufactured by an outside supplier. To help with lead times we had them build product up to a specific level which we paid for and which we are holding as semi finished goods. To finish these goods we are sending them to the supplier for the final assembly. We are able to do this by linking the materials to a purchase order thus giving us the final assembly value. To allow this we have had to change the special procurement to 30 on the material for subcontracting.

Now when we try to raise a sales order and enter the item category which we need to enter the system is giving us a error meesage that the category can not be used with a special procurement type.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can get round this? We have to use the item category in question as it is linked to the plant and material.

I have not posted on the site before, so please bear with me in regard to my query.

Thanks Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now when we try to raise a sales order and enter the item category

Ideally, item category should flow automatically in sale order and why do you want to input manually?   Moreover, in order to understand your requirement further, please share the configuration settings of your item category and also update what special procurement type is maintained.

G. Lakshmipathi