cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Update was terminated" Sales BOM based Saled Doc. creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

I looked for possible solutions in the forum but found nothing really helpful.

• I need to create a Sales Doc (Type OR) based on a Sales BOM (usage = 5).
  • I created the top-level Material (Item Cat. Group = ERLA) and its corresponding BOM.
  • When creating the Document in Transaction VA01 everything runs smooth and I even get the message that the Order was created, but when I leave the transaction this message pops-up: "Update was terminated".
  • Checked transaction ST22 and it points to this piece of code:
  • Checked transaction SM13 and I see this Error:
  • Even though I got the message that the Document was created, when I try to consult it through transaction VA03 I got this message:
    "SD document XXXXXX is not in the database or has been archived", nor it exists in table VBAK.

This is the first time I create Materials, BOMs and Sales Orders from scratch, probably I missed to fill in all the relevant information (data) in order to be able to create such kind of scenario, but then again, I didn't get any kind of warnings or messages of missing info through the process until now.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly try do the transaction one more time and note the Sales Order number.

Now, go to database table and check the last number and confirm whether the last number matches or not.

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I checked this on the VBAK table and sorted the documents by ERDAT, the latest order number does not match the document supposedly created in VA01, in fact, the last document is from a very old date (I'm working in a test Client).

Thanks for the suggestion!

Regards.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

I hope you did client copy of PRD to QAS, If I am right then you will get the same kind of error for few other transactions also like Goods movement, Purchase order, material creation, etc,. Please try any of these transactions check whether you are getting the same kind of error or not.

If you get same kind of error, then definitely there might be data inconsistency problem after the client copy.

As per my knowledge, few reasons might falls in your issue are:

a. Memory Problem,

b. Already documents are available in the same document number,

c. Errors in the client copy, check log in 'SCC3' t code,

d. Number range buffer

etc.,

Please revert back if you need further information.

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I think I will try the other scenarios to see if I get the same errors, I will get back to you once I try them out. Thanks!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share the screen shot from ST22 with the explanation under "Error analysis" and "How to correct the error".  It seems, the issue is with some BW object

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the screenshot:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is something related to Basis and hence, check with your Basis team on this.  Also have a look at the following notes:-

• Note 1666774 - Runtime error UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION in class CL_ODQ_FACADE
  • Note 1817467 - Enable push of data units for Standard & DeltaInit requests    

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will check on this and get back to you. Thanks!