Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a universe to Web services

madheswaran_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create a dashboards using web services from BO universe (little bigger universe having around 3000 objects with lots of calculation). Is there a way to create a web services from the entire universe? I am aware we can create a web services using QaaWs for some part from the universe as a Query. We dont want to create separate query for each and everything instead want to create a single web services for entire universe.

I would to know is there any option to convert the entire universe into web services.

Thanks & Regards

Madhes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such option in UDT or IDT to publish an entire universe as a web service and use it directly into dashboards. If you are using UNV universe then you'll have to create a QAAWS query in QAAWS designer tool and then import this web service query into your dashboard using 'Data Manager'.

If the universe that you are currently using is UNX universe (created using IDT) then, you can directly create queries based off your UNX universe. This 'Add Query' feature which was introduced since BI 4.0 provides you with a query panel within dashboards designer 4.x tool itself, and is similar to the one that you have in QAAWS designer and somewhat similar to Web Intelligence add query panel.

Let me know if you need further more clarification on this.

Regards,

Niraj

madheswaran_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Niraj for the details!

Answers (0)