cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure central SLD, local SLD and LMDB after Upgrade to 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are planning an upgrade from SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 to 7.1 SPS11 (03/2014).

First of all we want to do only the technical upgrade and want to use the functions and all other like before.

Some details about our system landscape:

- we have a central SLD

- all SAP systems send their data via data supplier to the central SLD

- the Solution Manager system use a local SLD (access via CIM client) which is synchronized via bridge forwarding from the central SLD

I have set up a sandbox system from our productive SolMan and I´ve done the upgrade.

Now the questions:

- Do I have to do Tx SOLMAN_SETUP --> system preparation and basis configuration if I want to use the SolMan like before under

SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ?

- if I have to do the SOLMAN_SETUP which SLD do I have to choose under point "6.1 Select SLD" ?

We are using the local SLD from SolMan, which is synchronized from central SLD via bridge forwarding.

Do I have to choose the central SLD or the local SLD ?

And if I choose the local SLD, do I have to select too the button "Setup local SLD" ?

- Under point "6.2 Setup LMDB" I configured the connection to synchronize the SLD and LMDB. As the SLD I configured the central SLD. Is this correct ?

- Point "6.3 Migrate SMSY data to LMDB", do I have to do this if I want to use the SolMan like before under

SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ?

It would be very nice if somebody could dispel my doubts.

Thanks a lot

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Do I have to do Tx SOLMAN_SETUP --> system preparation and basis configuration if I want to use the SolMan like before under SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ?

Yes.

- if I have to do the SOLMAN_SETUP which SLD do I have to choose under point "6.1 Select SLD" ?

We are using the local SLD from SolMan, which is synchronized from central SLD via bridge forwarding.

Do I have to choose the central SLD or the local SLD ?

And if I choose the local SLD, do I have to select too the button "Setup local SLD" ?

You should select local SLD, since this is the SLD which provides data for LMDB.

- Under point "6.2 Setup LMDB" I configured the connection to synchronize the SLD and LMDB. As the SLD I configured the central SLD. Is this correct ?

No, you should select the local SLD, as the local SLD has all data you need for Solution Manager tasks.

- Point "6.3 Migrate SMSY data to LMDB", do I have to do this if I want to use the SolMan like before under SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ?

Yes, you should do this.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Below are my the answers for your queries:

There is a medium impact on SLD - LMDB implications especially when you upgrade to 7.1

1) Yes, you need to re- config it and make sure they are implemented as per 7.1

2) I suggest you to go with central SLD as SAP recommends this option 1 preferrably but there is also another option 2 where you can go for local SLD which is also supported but it may create few issues especially for PI monitoring later.

3) If you go for option 2 yes then local SLD

4) Either go with central SLD or local SLD do not club and confuse the LMDB:)
5) Yes you need to migrate SMSY data to LMDB

Here is the link for various options

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/15/89381c35a84e57b8ed31e3d7c76e2e/content.htm

Option 1 is recommended option but other options also supported.

Thanks

Sateesh.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

You have register all system to your central SLD, better would be you use LOCAL SLD of SOlution Manager or separate instance of SLD.

Then this SLD will be linked to LMDB with a lower rank in SOLMAN_SETUP.

Then you create techincal and product system in LMDB, putter those systems in a SOLUTION.

and when all is done, you go for basis setup to  manages system configuration.

Refer below link.

Maintenance of Product in the System Landscape - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Home

Regards,

Divyanshu

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten

have you checked below link for the SLD

and below thread

hope this clarifies your doubt

thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

thank you for your answer, but unfortunately it still not clarified my doubts.

It would be great if you please could pay some attention to my questions. I know this guides, but it still not clarified my doubts.

Thanks

Carsten

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten

answer is simple if you have PI then you go for setting it up in PI as central SLD other solman will be central SLD.

did you also check the reply from Karthik in the thread i have shared ....it provides all SAP recommendations with topologies

hope this is more clear

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

If you want to choose PI or any other system  as central SLD make sure you are on higher version like 7,2 7.3 or 7.4 etc.

Thanks

Sateesh.