cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EWM MFS PLC Simulator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please let me know if it is worth to install PLC simulator in SAP EWM? Can we have same functionality of PLC simultor delivered without installing it? Also, does SAP recommend installing it?

Thanks and regards,

Sachin Goel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

which "PLC Simulator"?

If you have a project to implement MFS, you will not manage without using some simulation tool during the development phase, because you can not test everything using the PLC in the warehouse.

In EWM itself is no simulation tool. There is a very simple function module in EWM you can use for very basic tests of the MFS functionality, but not for a complex system.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Can you please share the function module name for PLC simulation?

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are some function modules.

/SCWM/LOG_ACT_READ_SINGLE

/SCWM/APP_LOG_WRITE_V2

/SCWM/MFS_WRITE_LOG

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CK,

I have done with basic config and defined 4 CP. Now , I want to simulate this with task creation.

which FM will trigger (simulate) task for PLCs from above?

Please advice

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the name is  /SCWM/MFS_SIM_RECEIVE. You have to choose Extended Warehouse Management →  Master Data →  Material Flow System (MFS) → Maintain Programmable Logic Controller. Select you PLC. Change the communication layer to:"Proprietary Communication Layer" and enter the FM as "sending FM".

I believe the function module has some documentation, you should check this.

Brgds

Juergen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thx for your input. Let me check this and revert.

Thanks

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen/CK,

Thx for your help. I am getting telegrams triggered using SAP FM.

But for now, its happening only when I sent ADHU task to first CP point.

If I use LOSC , the task for first CP is in waiting status and there is no open task created yet for same HU.

So flow is, GR Zone- CP01 ( scanner point also communication point )- CP02- CP03 ( final putaway)

Am I missing any config? Please advice.

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is seems LOSC is not properly working in your case.Maintain storage groups for LOSC and assign those to conveyor segments.

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CK/Juergen,

I am still stuck. Is it because RFC user not set for PCo?

does SAP FM also needs PCO/RFC user to be set up?

please advice.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, an RFC user is not required. But there can be so many things set up wrong in your process.

... You are working with an inbound process? Did you post GR before creating the WT?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

No GR is posted yet.

@ Abt PCo, so we dont need PCo to be installed when working with SAP FM, correct?

If that is so, then we should be able to see all tasks and linked telegrams in monitor or that wont be visible?