SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opentext Document presentment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We currently print the bills using FPCOPARA and generate the PDFs using the smartforms.

We generate 200K+ invoices and statements every bill run. And Credit Memos.

These individual PDFs are generated and saved in some central location.

Also email them to customers.

I came across SAP document presentment by Opentext and looks interesting.

Is there anyone who is using this?

1. Can Open text generate and emmail PDFs as well as store them to a file server?

2. Is the form design inside this applciation OR we still need smartform.

3. Is anyone using it recomend it?

Any one using this and providing feedback will be a goo dstart for me. Appreciate.

Admin: Apologies if I posted this in incorrect place.

1 REPLY 1

former_member587072
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ...  Used OpenText a number of times on ISU projects.  Been very satisfied with the results.

1. Can Open text generate and emmail PDFs as well as store them to a file server?

Yes ...  OT will communicate with the email server for any email requirement and store the image as well as use ArchiveLink to allow for easy retrieval within ISU/CRM.

2. Is the form design inside this applciation OR we still need smartform.

Form design component is called StreamServe (part of OT) ... smartform will be needed to simply create an XML (XDF) file of raw data to be sent to the OT server (no formatting required in the smartform).

3. Is anyone using it recomend it?    Would speak directly to OT for references.