cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Monitor Doesn't Display All Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange problem with PI Message Monitor.

There are some error messages on Message Status Overview tab (let’s say 100). When I click on the number of errors, PI switches to Database
tab and should display these 100 errors. However sometimes it displays just part of it (for example 58) or none at all.

Any idea what’s the problem here?

Thanks in advance,

Pawel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

Check if the lost messages appears in the scheduled state (1551043 - RWB message overview: Old messages in status 'Scheduled')

What kind messages are being lost, only synchronous?, check if the lost messages are the sync one and you have one per communication instead of the two.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advices.

It's Merphy's low - everything works perfectly fine now, I can't recreate the issue. I'll keep the topic open for few days and "hope" the problem will show again.

Thanks again!

Pawel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

Quite possible what Claudia mentions. Can you please check on the points mentioned by me and Claudia and confirm

Regards.

Sriram

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

one assumption from my side: It could be that the database does not show the amount of failed messages from all PI Server nodes. Maybe 58 Messages have failed on Server node 2 and the 42 messages on Server node 3. The database just shows you those messages on which Server node you are logged on. We experienced this strange behaviour on our PI 7.3

Best regards

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

There is a chance that the errors might have been temporary ones and might have got processed. Did you try to refresh the Data base overview screen and check themsg count. Alternatively, please select the data base option and put in the date range and select System error as an option to confirm on count.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Sriram