cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change column configuration in tabs: manage, self service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've made notes on this and should remember, but can someone please remind me how the arrangement of columns and the layout of data in the 'manage' and 'self service' tabs is made?

Thanks, Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul Vipond wrote:

I've made notes on this and should remember, but can someone please remind me how the arrangement of columns and the layout of data in the 'manage' and 'self service' tabs is made?

Hi Paul,

not exactly sure what you meant with layout but here's a quick summary.. In the manage tab the columns of search results are set per entry type (in schema) by selecting the "List-attributes".

The display task that gets displayed when you select one row from search results in manage-tab is also set per entry type (in schema). If you don't have the display task defined the "List-attributes" are displayed in grid-layout as default display task. Display task is just an UI-task that has access for everyone (or different task based on ACLs for different people if you want to be fancy, never had a requirement for it but it should work).

With self-services you define task as self-service via ACLs and the task appears in the self-services tab:

You can display a descriptive text next to the task in self-services by maintaining the task description.

The remaining bit layout-wise is just maintaining the attributes of you UI-tasks, along with the limited list of decorative UI-controls there are like labes/horizontal lines/sections/columns/tabs.

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, this is exactly what I was after.

Paul