cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintainance tasks for language package installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May I ask inputs regarding installing language package. Basically, below are my questions.

- Are there any maintainance activities required following installation of a language package in the system?

- Are there any annual support packs for language packages?

- Say our ECC is EHP5 and we installed new language in our system, then we upgraded the same system to EHP6. Are there any activities that needs to be performed because of the upgrade even if the language is already installed in the system prior to the upgrade?

- Do difference in language installed in the systems affect the copied xml file during upgrade? Meaning, say we have dev and QA ecc system. We created stack file for dev for the ehp6 upgrade. Using that stack xml, upgrade dev system. Then a decision is made to install new language in the system. Thus it is installed in upgrade dev, and not upgraded QA. Now, we copy the stack xml file use in dev to be converted for QA. Would there impact on the upgrade process?

I would appreciate your inputs on the queries. Thanks.

Regards,

Philip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

- It depends on what you did exactly during this installation. Could you please list the steps taken?

- There are no annual support packs. Language packages are shipped with every release of a new Support Package, with updates and corrections of the existing content (if any).

- With SPs as with EhPs, you will need to reinstall the language files for your system. It is hopefully rather quick as a follow-up step (not saying that the initial language deployment is tedious and hard work, but... Well, yes, it is) if you have not performed any translation activities in your installation.

- I don't think so since languages do not seem to be included in the stack (which would actually be counter-productive, dangerous and a dozen unnamable negative linguistic adjectives).

Hope that helps!

Sylvain