cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_AAE Null Pointer Exception in PI 7.4 Single stack system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing one weird issue  after updating the patch for SAP PI 7.4 system.

Current Environment :  PI 7.4 Java only stack.

My Scenario is from File to IDOC.

I did import the IDOC as external definition to change the occurrence and did the mapping to post multiple IDOCS.

I am able to post the IDOCs into the backend ECC system without any issues.

The issue started after applying the patch.I am getting the below mentioned issue in the receiver IDOC_AAE adapter when I am trying to create the IDOCs in ECC system. Please help me out on this.

"Exception caught by adapter framework: Error during transform: java.lang.Null PointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'chars'  "

"java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'chars'"

I have gone through the SAP Note after searching the forum to implement 1862655.

I am unable to create an interface with <MESTYP>.<IDOCTYP>.<CIMTYP> with namespace as urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages.

How can I create a target Interface with this name and the namespace mentioned by SAP?

Did anyone face this issue? Please help me out on this.

Thanks

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

I did change the Interface name and the name space in the ICO manually to IDOC name and standard name space for IDOCs respectively.

It worked for me.

Thanks

Shyam