cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How sales order is created from inbound purchase order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My doubt is how a sales order is created when a customer sends a purchase order through EDI.

My doubt really starts here.. (how the Idoc is posted).

Case 1 : Just the process code is checked and corresponding function module is called and in background a sales order is created. (Or the below process)

Case 2 : The process code will point to a workflow where an authorized person will enter some more additional data's and save the document.

And also how pricing procedure, material determination, material substitution will take place/ works if we post a inbound purchase order into sales order since we need a human intervention for selecting the material in material determination etc..

can u people clearly explain how the process takes place in real time ...

with regards,

James..

Valuable answers will be rewarded..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Depending on the inbound parameters you set up for the partner in question, the message can be processed either by CASE 1 OR CASE 2. CASE 2 is usually not recomended as it causes an increased overhead.

Let us say you no longer carry inventory on a material and you wish for any orders on those material to be automatically substituted by another one or more materials, and this requires manual intervention.

Where such user intervention is required, the Sales Order that is posted in your R3 system does not get confirmed. On these sales orders, material substitution can manually be performed as desired on these un-confirmed sales orders.

Confirmation can happen either by a batch job at the end or the day or manually at the time of user processing.

PS: You can have user exits control the automatic material substitution. These get triggered on the inbound IDOC posting as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sekhar dhara,

I have a doubt on " How the not-confirmed sales order is picked and processed by a user for material substitution etc." and the sales order confirmation is send to customer. can u explain me little more detail on this, which will solve my problem..

with regards,

James..

Former Member

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James;

Let me try to explain with an example...Let us say u r placing an Order (Purchase order) online in a website. So you will fill in the necessary details in terms of your address, you would choose a product and etc...

Now, this is converted into a file and sent to SAP. SAP will inturn convert this file into an Idoc based on the input, the FM is called and the data is filled. At this point in time the status of the idoc would be 50. Now an validation happens and the idoc is pushed to status 64. Now there is a progrma RBDAPP01 is the which will do the actual processing, meaning converting the Idoc into an Order. If the idoc fails to convert then a workflow is created.

When the Idoc is processed it will actually go through VA01 txn and it would typically do everything that we do when we enter a order manually. Automation is the only difference.

Idoc is just data and this data as and when entered is processed and the necessary information is obtained. Meaning, when the Material is fed, the MM aspect of SAP kicks in and provides the necessary data, similarly the Pricing procedure is determined based on the parameters.

In effect all the information is stored in SAP and are kicked in as and when they are called for.

Hope you get an overview of this.

Regards,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Case 1 is usually what is followed.

As far as IDOC functionality is it just transfers the data...bascically it acts as a messenger.

the pricing procedure and all other things associated with the order takes place in the standad SAPMV45A program. teh IDC would only pass the basic required details to create the order.

Hope this helps

regards

Biju