cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have question on SWCV and Namespaces.

I have a scenario where I have implemented Standard SAP Content. Flow  is like ( Ariba - PI - SCM )

Now I have to make changes in Standard Mapping  and Target Structure

So Question is : Can i directly make changes in target datatype of same sap delivered SWCV and Namespace : will it impact the proxy structure / code.

or if i make a copy of object in another SWCV and then do my changes then will it impact the Proxy structure and Code.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Can i directly make changes in target datatype of same sap delivered SWCV and Namespace : will it impact the proxy structure / code.

-->> you should make the change in custom SWC and namespace rather then standard SWC. the reason is change is standard content will impacted by the upgrade of standard content. and change in structure definitely impact the proxy code.

or if i make a copy of object in another SWCV and then do my changes then will it impact the Proxy structure and Code.

-->> rather then copy all the standard object, you can create custom SWC dependent to Standard SWC and copy only those data type which needs change. and use all the data type from standard SWC.

Hope this will clear

Harish

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

to add to Harish, you could use Data Type Enhancements to just enhance some specific data types of the original SAP delivered SWCVs. See here for starters http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/11/14/xipi-data-type-enhancements-stand...

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I was Reading SAP's Blog . SAP recommended to use DataType enhancement and then use this enhance data type in Mapping..

comments please .

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Enhance data type is new data type object provided by SAP to customize or enhance standard data type. It would be good to use enhance data type for your requirement.

Please refer the section 3.3 in below document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942...

regards,

Harish

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which additional information to the one already given do you need?

Use data type enhancement if it's sufficient to just add some own fields in the structure. Use copy if you need to (completely) redesign the structure.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

finally - Data Type is enhanced.

Now i wanted to understand about the Message mapping and Operartion Mapping.

Do i have to create another. copy object?? If i make copy object and change it then in Integration Directory - will i be able to see Dependent SWCV mapping with standard outbound/Inbound Service interface.

i.e my Service interface are standard sap ones. and mapping is custom in Dependent SWCV.

or change the same existing sap verison mapping and operation mapping??

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhat Sharma wrote:

Do i have to create another. copy object??

What do you mean with "another. copy object" ? You shouldn't have created any copy so far if you used data type enhancement.

Prabhat Sharma wrote:

If i make copy object and change it then in Integration Directory - will i be able to see Dependent SWCV mapping with standard outbound/Inbound Service interface.

i.e my Service interface are standard sap ones. and mapping is custom in Dependent SWCV.

or change the same existing sap verison mapping and operation mapping??

We created custom message mappings / operation mapping. Of course you will be able to "see" this operation mapping in ID. It is one of (possibly many) operation mappings that are valid for a specific service interface / operation.

==> I would suggest you create your own mappings and use those in ID and leave the SAP standard ones untouched.

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data Type Enhancement changed my Target datatype.

Then I go in SProxy and genareted the Enhancement Datatype and which makes automatically changes in Structure of actual SAP given Service Interface - DataType also. ( Now my old datatype  is with addition of new enhanced fields).

Now SProxy is in Syncwith Target Structure.

But To populate this fields we need to do changes in Message Mapping also - right ??

Now My question Do i make changes in SAP Delivered message Mappings ??

or

I should make copy object of Message Mapping/Operation Mapping in another SWCV( which has dependency on SAP Delivered Standard SWCV ).

what should be right strategy ?

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praphat,

I would make copies of the SAP delivered Message Mappings / Operation Mapping and adjust so they populate the enhancements.

I can Imagine that it will be less hassle to just change the SAP delivered mappings when you use integration scenarios to create your ID stuff.

--> I would opt for copying the SAP delivered mappings and adjust.

Your SWDV where the mapping lives would not need to have any dependencies with the standard SWCV. You could reuse your already in place SWCV where your datatype enhancement lives but that's not mandatory.

Cheers

Jens

Answers (0)