cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Resource Management - EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone have knowledge and or experience using the labor resource management module for EWM? We are looking to implement this within the next year and a half, but we only have basic knowledge of what it can provide.

If you have experience with it, is it worth setting up?

How complicated can it be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

All complication of LMS will come when you fig out the business process and on which steps of process you are applying LMS. You can get good info on about steps and config in EWM 125 and at below links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm900/helpdata/en/46/24a2eeebce424fe10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

And you will also need to do distance and optimization calculation.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

So you can choose which steps in the business process you would like LMS to be activated for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bobby,

Yes thats correct. You can select the business tasks, for which LMS to be activated. This is done through activation at internal process step level. Activities are assigned to external steps which are in turn, assigned to internal process steps.

Thanks and regards,

Sachin Goel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think we will try to implement LRM for one of our business processes at the start of EWM and then we can roll it out to our other processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes You can...

as LMS is at process and step level.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope can close or lead with some post like which was helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Complexity of Labor Management depends upon the business process you want to implement. Here are few benefits you can achieve by implementing LM.

• With Labor Management, you cant to track, monitor and optimize the performance, efficiency of your resources.  This will help in brniging operational efficiency in warehouse.
  • You can set up planned workload (based on Engineering Labor standards) and compare with actual workload done by resource, generate a performance document and finally link it to HR system for compensation and benefits.
  • You can even monitor the time taken in indirect labor tasks in warehouse such as Meetings, cleaning, sweeping in warehouse, and note down the actual time taken for them.
  • Finally, you can select the warehouse tasks (this is controlled by activating LM for internal process steps) for which you want to implement LM.

Exact configurations can be found in EWM125(though only in exercises).

Thanks and regards,

Sachin Goel