cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic remote key updation in data manager after a data import.

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm using SAP MDM 7.1 SP10 and after I do a data load via import manager my remote keys of lookup tables are updated. For example, lets just say I do a vendor mass load for some operating company for which I didn't maintain remote key for lookup table "Country" (figure Before load) and after the load its autometically updated in data mager (figure After load).

Before load.

After load.

I want to understand if its noramal SAP behaviour or not. If yes, how can i avoid this.

Thanks and regards

Shamit Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamit,

Yes this is normal way how it works.

Thing is you that if you map the lookup table during a higher table import and do value mapping by not using remote keys then the system automatically creates a remote key for the lookup table value.

My question is why don't you want remote key value and if you do not want then the table should also not be key mapping enabled.

You can escape this random remote key creation by maintaining proper remote key in the lookups.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. I got the point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi, I just want to leverage Shamit question :

I noticed the same behavior after the key mapping enable and the problem is : every time I import a file via Import manager now, when I check my mapping, sometimes a supplier that does not exist in my file is mapped with a different one from MDM. Previously the key mapping property was enabled, if this situation occurs  in my import, as the supplier is a key in my map, this field would not be mapped and I had to correct my file or include this supplier in the database. Now, this became dangerous, as my import can map wrong information. Do i have another option to syndicate only changed records, without enable the key mapping ??? Example : use the selection Criteria in syndicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Letti,

One way to ensure that the Import Manager does not create Remote Keys is to select the "MDM" remote system when importing the data to these tables. This will ensure that no remote keys are added.

I do remember that there was a bug when adding remote keys that was adding the wrong keys. If this is the case then you may need to upgrade.

I would suggest opening an OSS message and asking support.

Regards,

Stanley Levin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stanley.

I will take a look at it. I have more details about this in my other post : Key Mapping activated versus Import Manager.

regards

Luciana.

Answers (0)