Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP BOE Connection for SAP BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a POC for SAP BI.

I have the connection type SAP BOE Connection (legacy) working fine, but can't get "SAP BOE Connection" working.

I get a proxy error.

I know the value for security configuration is fine as it works for SAP BOE Connection (legacy)

What can I put in for Proxy Name?

I have put in http://<BI Mobile Server>:8080/MobileBiService....

What should be in the Proxy Name?

I did ask this question in the BI Platform community, but no answer as yet.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Charles ,

Please check if the below links might help you .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read through them but they are also only for Direct to BI or SUP to BI using the (legacy) connection.

I am looking for the REST connection.

Thanks

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Charles ,

Please check if this is the same flow you are following.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's basically the flow I am following except for the Relay server (at the moment)

With the client version 6 and SUP 2.3 sp4 there are 4 types of connections

1) SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform - it your diagram it is the one going through VPN and it works fine.

2) SAP Mobile Platform (legacy) - That uses the route you have red brackets around (except for Relay Server) and again it works fine.  But as you can only have one of these connections per device and they can handle restricted content, then it is not the optimal choice for me.

3) SAP Mobile Platform - again this uses the same route as option 2, but connects in a different way.  This is the option I can't get to work.  I get a proxy failure.

I have installed a relay server, but wanted to get the connection working without it first, also the documentation does give an indication that a relay server is mandatory.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any suggestions, two out of the three scenarios work, but still the SAP Mobile Platform connection still fails with a proxy error.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I referred -

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/516_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

page #48

Is this the step you are trying to configure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured that step, the step I can't get to connect to is on the ipad.

Have a look at this its highlighted in red

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error was that I was using a URL for the proxy name and not the Name itself.

After correcting that, it worked fine.

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

glad to hear that, so its resolved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the configuration guide here for SAP BI Mobile App here,SAP BusinessObjects Mobile for Android – SAP Help Portal Page

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I didn't reply to you Midhun.

I had used the iOS version of that document (Ver 5.x).  I will try this version to see if it makes it any clearer and report back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I read that version of the manual but no luck.

can someone confirm that the proxy setting on BI app is supposed to be

http://<Mobile BI Server>:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet

Thanks

ragove
Active Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

That URL is for connecting the mobile app direct to BI, which I already have working.

Also I have the SAP Mobile Platform (legacy) connection working which is for IMO.

The only connection I am having problems with (which is why the thread) is for the REST connection.

That connection screen is easily recognisable as it has a proxy field.

I am continuing to look.

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Can we communicate over email to drill down - let me see how I can help or suggest best to you.

My email is in my profile details.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure I will drop you an email direct on your gmail account.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul and Charles,

Why do you want to take this offline and not allow others to benefit from your issue and its process of resolution?  It helps others to learn by keeping the process and methods of troubleshooting visible to all.

Please read the Getting Started documents (link at the top left) so you understand the SCN philosophy.  It should tell you why what you are doing is not in the interests or aligned with the purpose and benefits of our communities.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I explained this to Midhun in private message - that we had to run through multiple threads and discussion regarding this issue with Tony so I thought to get clarity we could drill down offline and post back the methodology/conclusion over SCN again- so the community is helped.

I respect the SCN rules and this was slightly different than the philosophy - to reach out and help as much possible.

I'll continue the communication here 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

.. Noted..

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If Midhun is good with it, I am too.

Cheers, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

In the discussion he agreed to continue the communication here itself, I am good with it. Sorry I haven't added you in loop. Thanks.

Midhun VP