cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot process an HTTP request to servlet [DTRServlet]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NWDI experts,

I just installed a completely new NWDI 7.4 SR1 (SP05) on Windows 2012 R2 and Oracle 11.2.0.4.

When I try to access DTR I receive error "500 Internal Server Error". In defaultTrace the system reports problems with initialization of DTR. Multiple entries exists in the various log-files and traces, which concerns the problem. I've therefore attached logs and traces to this discussion. After downloading the file rename it to .zip instead of .txt.

The error seems to be caused by a NullPointerException in oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.m_batchItems.

I've searched extensively on SCN, Notes and Google, but have not been able to find any answers to what the problem is. Also I've looked at note 774339 - Internal Server Error in DTR, but have not been able to find a useful solution.

Has anyone experienced the same error and how where you able to solve it?

Best regards,

Jacob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you done all the configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

I get the error both when accessing DTR directly or while running CTC for NWDI.

Best regards,

Jacob

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the server new? have done the post installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the server is new and post installation has been done. Kernel has been updated, database has been patched and configured etc.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have in the trace this ?

NullPointerException: java.util.Vector.removeAllElements()

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Yes. the trace file contains that type of exception. The exact line is this:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Vector.removeAllElements() of a null object loaded from field oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.m_batchItems of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

Best regards,

Jacob

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

this is not an NWDI/DTR error. The problem occurs due to Oracle JDBC driver issues.

See the note below for more details.

2038879 - Null pointer exception at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.clearBatchItems

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Ervin,

Thank you very much for your answer. I had a suspicion that the error was deeper in the belly of the system and not caused by DTR.

In the note you mention, it says that a new version of Oracle Client software will be delivered, which should fix the error, but do you have an idea on when it will be available for SAP customers to download?

Just as a temporary workaround I've replaced the ojdbc6.jar for 11.2.0.4 with the one from 11.2.0.3 and I'm now able to access and browse the DTR.

Best regards,

Jacob

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

sorry, I am not aware when a final fix is available as this is rather the scope of the db support team, I only received this info from the db support that this is due to the oracle driver. Perhaps you can get some more information on this from a db related forum.

Anyway, I am glad that the temporary workaround helped you.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)