cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check on fixed bin strategy failing

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I have my storage type putaway strategy set to Fixed Bin and have specified the fixed bin on the material master. I've also set there my max capacity of 400 EA and on storage type have specified capacity check '3' method for max quantity per bin in storage type. SAP issues a warning that capacity check not relevant for fixed bin and that is precisely my problem. When I LT10 transfer 3 SUs of 200 EA, system does not stop this according to capacity check. Is it possible to invoke this capacity check? My ultimate goal is to allow 2 max SUs per fixed bin (i.e. each SU = 200 EA).

Vlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PLease remove the capacity check for fixed bin storage type, it is not required. The only thing you need to define in this case, is the quantity in WM2 view for your warehouse number and storage type combination.

Maximum quantity should be 400.
Again, disable capacity check on storage type level...

Regards,
Mihailo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I removed the capacity check on F strategy, and I think this strategy is my best bet since the fixed bin is 99.9% filled via replenishment. With replenishment, the max quantity on material master is followed, and I can live without the capacity check on bin to bin transfers.

The P strategy doesn't quite work. It's not that I have a max of 2 SUs. Rather I have a max of quantity that is equivalent to two SUs. But via replenishment, it is possible that any N partial pallets can replenish the fixed bin.

Closing question.

Thanks, Vlad

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

Forgot the mention the capacity check setting you need to do along with the below setting.

You need change the capcity check to setting to 2 (check based on palletization according to SUT 1)

Then it should work as per your expectation.

Also please check if the capacity check 5 is applicable to your scenario

Inspection method 5 - check in accordance with SUT key figure

When you define the storage unit types, you can define a capacity consumption for each storage unit type. During putaway, the system then determines from the total capacity or the remaining capacity of the bin and from the capacity of the storage unit whether a putaway is possible. This inspection method is only useful if several storage units are allowed for each bin. Never use the inspection method 5 in conjunction with the putaway strategy I (addition to existing stock). An addition to existing stock would not generate a new storage unit, but add to an existing storage unit. The capacity consumption would not change in this case.

If SU management is active @ the storage type level? then best practice is to have put away strategy as " P "  instead of fixed bin.

My ultimate goal is to allow 2 max SUs per fixed bin (i.e. each SU = 200 EA).

Then Change the put away strategy to P and remove the max qty (400)per bin from the material master. And maintain the palletization data -1 with 400 qty.(First row).

Then create the TO for 3 (SU) and confirm me.

Note: First try with Strategy P, then without changing other setting try to explore with other Strategy.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

If SU management is active @ the storage type level? then best practice is to have put away strategy as " P "  instead of fixed bin.

My ultimate goal is to allow 2 max SUs per fixed bin (i.e. each SU = 200 EA).

Then Change the put away strategy to P and remove the max qty (400)per bin from the material master. And maintain the palletization data -1 with 400 qty.(First row).

Then create the TO for 3 (SU) and confirm me.

Note: First try with Strategy P, then without changing other setting try to explore with other Strategy.