Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry client and server versions

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is there any dependency that the Agentry Server Version and Agentry Client Versions should be same. Agentry server version is 6.0.30.0 and Agentry client version is 6.0.30.0.Can we use 6.0.42 version client or 7 version to connect for 6.0.30.0 server version.Does the application downloaded to the mobile device has an impact of the client and server versions.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

I would never try to mix full major version numbers like a 7 client with a 6 server or the other way around.  That wont work, or may only partially work.  Usually newer clients of the same major and minor release as the server will work together.  If you have a server version 7.1.0, then client versions of 7.1.0, 7.1.12 and 7.1.56 will probably all work since the client was just improved.  Take these recommendations with a warning though, it is always safest to use the exact same versions together.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

I would also second Jason's advice.  I would further say no to mix major versions 6.0.x, 6.1.x (SMP2.3) or 7.x.x (SMP 3 & SP#).

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally you can keep using the client and servers of the same series together you don't want to mix versions. But some fixes require both client and server to be upgraded for it to work correctly.

Like in the Case of Agentry 6.0.  There was a change to how the complex table load on connection lost that is made in Agentry 6.0.40.x that need both server and client to be at least that version.

Stephen