cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Production Order to Project Stock from unrestricted stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to have a workaround of transaction CO02. Actually, we have already implemented PS by using Project Stock but the problem is that we have almost thousands of production orders  that will come into unrestricted stock after production. For these orders we want to make an account assignment for a project and we want that MRP to see all these production orders as entering project stock after production. If I do the same by CO02, it is very difficult for me to do it individually for each production order. So, is there any way to configure our need for passing from using unrestricted project stock to project stock ?

Thanks,

Kumar Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Request you to go through the following threads.

Try searching some information on movement types too.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Already read these threads. Needs some really precise information on this issue. Can you elaborate a better functional workflow?

Thanks,

Kumar Srinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please have a look into table AFPO. There is a field called Acct. Assignment Category. I mean if that can be changed, can that work for you. ? try this

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I think it will affect other fields too. Not sure if this can work.

Thanks,

Kumar Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then try implementing the following logic. Not sure if this can help you.

Use a material that is set up to trigger the production order and attach this material to a network activity that is set to be reserved for project stock Q and can only be GI to that WBS element. The planned costs are recognized in the project but the Actuals are only recognized when the finished material is GI back to the project. You can use your planned production orders and MRP in exactly the same way but they are just linked back to the project when they are completed.

If you need to transfer planned orders that are already in place then it can be done in MM. There’s a goods movement type specific to where you need to reference the WBS element that is set for requirements grouping.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks. Now I got an Idea.

Thanks,

Kumar Srinivasan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

why not you use CO10 transaction?

if you want to after production stock should come in project stock. then go through CO10 transaction will fulfill your requirement.

after confirmation of production order check MMBE transaction whether is your material stock so it will show project stock and storage location.

just i let you know CO01/2/3 transaction code also for production order creation edit and display but it's for PP side so you can not link with project so i suggest you to go though CO10 transaction only.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Yes I do agree with you and I was already aware of CO10 but again this will take me do this individually and we have production orders in bulk.

Thanks,

Kumar Srinivasan

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you can go though MD51 transaction where we can execute MRP based on project or wbs.

here we have to check mark hierarchy so what was the material in component overview MRP will run on those and system will create PR for RM

& Plan order for SFG/FG so plan order will convert into production order

Then confirm production order

Check stock in MMBE

in another way PR for RM will be convert into PO then MIGO and check in MMBE stock is there or not?

so when you are going to confirmation production order it will ask for RM once back flush is on then RM will consume in production order.

Regards,
Sanjeev