cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Posting between two storage loactions in IM/WM with LQ01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I tried to make a transfer posting between to two storage loactions in IM/WM with LQ01. We are already able to do it with the MIGO but I tried to do it easier with the LQ01.

I would like to post it from:

Warhouse
Number
Storage
Type
PlantStorage

To:

Warhouse
Number
Storage
Type
PlantStorage

In SPRO I did:

Logistics Execution → Warehouse Management → Interfaces → Inventory Management → Define Storage Location Control -> Control of Assignment "Plant/Stor.Loc. - Whse Number."

Plant    Stor. Loc Whse Numbe

0001    0100              100

0001    0333              100

Then i've defined Logistics Execution → Warehouse Management → Interfaces→ Inventory Management → Define Storage Location Control ->Stor. Location Control in Warehouse Mgmt.

Whse     S-Type     Plant    S-Loc     IM MVT

100         009         0001    0100         311

100         333         0001    0333         311

When I tried to work with the LQ01, I insert:

Warehouse Number            100
Storage Type                333
Plant                       0001

After that I press the button "Execute", and the I get the following Message:

Select at least one quant for the posting change, Message no. L3441

Can some please help me? Or if you have another idea for transfer postings which is very easy for the users please let me know. THANKS

Greetings Walter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter

With respect to the error message "Select at least one quant for the posting change, Message no. L3441" this is because of config error

100         009         0001    0100         311

100         333         0001    0333         311

change this setting to only for second line item

100         333         0001    0100         311

and it will work fine with regard to LQ02 i agree with you this is more towards changing one stock category to another so doesnot fit in your situation

i have simulated one scenario in my system and sharing the configuration detail with you match your configuration with the screenshot pasted here

Stock in warehouse ( i have 6 quant in 001 AND 2 quant in 005 out of which 1 is in P101 & 1 in 0510) i want to transfer the stock from SLoc 0510 to SLoc P101

Setting in storage location control

LQ01 selection screen

System is displaying all the quant from 001

Selected the first line item and press Post Change button

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guess What Manish said is right, you need to interchange the values like below.

The S-Loc maintained below is always w.r.t to receiving location.

100         009         0001    0333         311   - this will enable to send from 009 to 0333 S-Loc

100         333         0001    0100         311  -  this will enable to send from 333 to 0100 S-Loc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

you are really a great consultant. For this procedure it works perfect. But now I have a collision with other procedures. For example:

I tried to  work with the MVT 552 to the storage location 0333 and storage type 333. In IM it is no problem, but in LS26 you will get the problem, that the system takes this informaiton and transfer it into storage location 0100 because of the customizing and this is dangerous.

But thanks a lot for your help.

Greetings Walter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Can you please check whether is there any stock available in the ST 333?

you can check stock in LS24 for the ST 333.

If there is no stock in ST 333, then upload or move stock to the location & try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindran,

thanks for your help. Yes there is enough stock. I 've checked it with the LX03 and ST333.

Greetings

Walter

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

LQ01 initiate the transfer from Inventory management and then you have to select the quant for which you want to change the storage location

Since you have WM active i will suggest you to use LQ02 which will initiate the transfer first into WM and then into IM, on the selection screen of LQ02 enter the warehouse, storage type and Bin so that system recognize the quant which needs to be transferd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

thanks again that you are helping me so fast and so good.

You write:

"LQ01 initiate the transfer from Inventory management and then you have to select the quant for which you want to change the storage location".

My answer:

My problem is that I can't select anything. After pressing the Button "Execute" I hope that there will be a list but I don't get any list so I can't select anything. The only way that I can see something is to work with the LT10 and then with the LQ01 but this is not really comfortable.

You write:

"Since you have WM active i will suggest you to use LQ02 which will initiate the transfer first into WM and then into IM, on the selection screen of LQ02 enter the warehouse, storage type and Bin so that system recognize the quant which needs to be transferd"

My answer:

That I can use the LQ02, I have to insert the WM-MVT 311 and WM-MVT 312. This two MVTs refer to the IM-MVT 311. When I tried to do this in the SPRO (Logistics Execution → Warehouse Management → Interfaces → Inventory Management --> Define Posting Changes), I have to choose a stock category and the system doesn't allow to post from Available Stock to Available Stock. The system would like to have for example from Available Stock to Blocked Stock. Any idea?

Thank you so much for your help.

Greetings Walter