cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

It’s really been a long time since SAP PRESS, publisher of SAP books, has come up with a new Quality Management (QM) title in its offering!

I often get feedback that the current QM title (book) does not cover the industry-relevant topics in sufficient details. Have you also faced same or similar issue of not finding any authoritative and expert-level QM book that can help you or your company during SAP ERP QM components implementation?

If SAP PRESS is to offer a new QM title (book) today, which topics would you like to see covered? Should it be more focused toward covering end-to-end business processes and business scenarios including QM integration with other SAP components such as MM, PP, SD etc.? Or should be more of a configuration guide? If both, then what percentage should it cover business scenarios and how much coverage should it accord to configuration part? My take on this is that the new QM title should cover about 85% business processes (including cross-modular) and about 15% configuration details.

Let us have an open discussion on this topic and in this blog post so that we can put forward our suggestions to SAP PRESS. As I am the author of the SAP PRESS book “Production Planning and Control with SAP ERP”, I undertake to communicate all relevant feedback/input directly to SAP PRESS.

I look forward to your thoughts and topics that SAP PRESS should cover in its next QM title (book).

Jawad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't gone through the QM titled current book so I cannot provide much of the feedback in that respect but going after the discussion here, I also believe that configuration part shouldn't go par 15% of the content.

IMHO, yes, integration part is much required to cover especially with FICO, MM, SD (if its not there).

Besides IS tool (Industry solution) in QM should be introduced (in terms of guidance) as we see considerable peculiar scenarios everyday.

And, people usually stuck with Master data many time. This should also cover a part.

Nitin

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akhtar,

I would expect some practical guidance on how to work with the "límitations" that SAP has in the QM area. E.g. how to build the architecture/organize the QM master data like MICs.

You could also take the opportunity to check what blogs/documents we have here on SCN and what questions normally are coming up.

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have gone over several posts and questions on this forum, and have found that most of them relates to business processes, troubleshooting, tips and tricks, requesting step-by-step instructions, cross-component integration scenarios, and what should be the best approach to manage the QM implementation project.

I'll ensure that these (and several other) topics are well covered in the book.

I would like that the focus of the new QM book is to be a single reference guide that the readers can use to independently manage most of the QM processes, and without the involvement of ABAP or other SMEs.

Thanks again and regards,
Jawad

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akhtar,

I have read few articles written by you and always wondered why this guy doesnt come up with a book on QM. There you are.

Anyways my honest opinion is, it should not be more of a configuration guide, if you ask in percentages I would go with 85-15 as well, with more emphasis on Quality certificates and Notifications.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Amol for your kind words and appreciation!

With a full-time day job, it is a huge responsibility and commitment to take up a massive book writing project, especially, if the pages are around 1,000! The manuscript submission timeline are also very tight and aggressive!

Thanks also for agreeing on the percentage break of configuration versus business processes. I 'll continue to give input and feedback to the publisher.

Jawad