cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I am new to Web dynpro and i am using SAP Netweaver Developer Studio for developing Web Dynpro application. At the time of creating mew project we are enter package . What does it mean . Whether any location in system or like include program like that. Also it start with com.sap. Does it is mandatory to start like this.

Please forgive for this basic question and help me.

-Neo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

A package is nothing but a folder which contain set of files .

a Package describes the location where ur file to be stored

for example if u store ur project in com.urcompany.MyProject.

Three folders will be created.

com->Urcompany->MyProject

Ur Files will be stored under the folder MyProject

Regards,

Ramganesan K

former_member187702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neo

Whatever Jhansi said is true , moreover Package is a mechanism for organizing interfaces and classes into namespaces. These packages can be stored in compressed files called JAR/PAR/WAR files, allowing classes to download faster as a group rather than one at a time.

Also used to organize classes belonging to the same category or providing similar functionality.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

It is not compulsory to start the package with the name "com.sap", you can give whatever you want. If you give the package name then all the related(generated) classes are stored in that package. You can view the Package structure by going to the Package Explorer/Navigator, then u can understand very easily.

packages are organize sets of programs. Each package has its own set of names for types, which helps to prevent name conflicts.

Regards,

Jhansi