cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How settlement rule will be created for Sales order with cost object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using product cost by sales order with valuated stock. In addition we are not using COPA

We also consume some materials at sales order level and at the end of month we want to do the result analysis and settlement for the same amount. In this case can any on explain how system will behave regarding settlement of sales order cost and what entries will get pass in the system.

In our case we have done below activities...

we have created sales order,

All production order activities completed till final GRN including month end activities

Material consumption against sales order

Result analysis executed

At the time of sales order settlement, system throwing error (Sender doesn't have valid receiver, please create settlement rule for sender object)

Then i checked in sales order there sales order settlement rule not defined.

I guess this settlement rule need be generated by system automatically. If not, please let me know the process of it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

can any one reply to my thread...

My major doubt is whether we can settle sales order cost to material or not.

If yes, how to make MAT as settlement rule in sales order....

Sales order is cost object with valuated stock....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kishore

(Sender doesn't have valid receiver, please create settlement rule for sender object)

it show like u need check whether the sender receiver is  valid or not) we can check this settlement profile and also check object type in settlement profile

check ones settlement rule which is maintained in the k088 t.code (prod.order)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

When i create sales order, system not generating any settlement rule. In this case i have to add settlement rule manually. But system will not allow to add "MAT" manually.

Please note that material selected as optional in settlement profile and we are not activated COPA...

In this case how can i make material as settlement rule in sales order object. Is there any configuration for that...

Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

provide the information bellow

go to order type opl8 under distribution rule (sd1 or psg)???

in  settlement profile check default value object  psg ????

and also check go to va02 t.code click on item eg(10) in account assignment tab ou will find settlement rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

COPA is not activated in our system...

My question is can we settle sales order to the material like production orders...???

If yes, where we have to do relevant settings...

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can't settle the sales order to material this is possible in production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give any logical explanation why SAP not allowed material as settlement rule in this case....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI kishore

the reason is that sale order always carry the revenue  and production order and production period carry the cost .

cost you can settle to the Material and even management want  to be settle the cost to material only in production order OR period

but in sales order  when u sell the product it carry the revenue not the cost and management want see and analysis based on profitability segment are profit center level .

Prerequisites

If CO-PA is active, the system generates a settlement rule when you create the sales order. The settlement rule determines whether data is settled to other objects or other areas in Controlling. In accordance with this settlement rule, the relevant data is settled to CO-PA.

If CO-PA is not active, create a settlement rule. This settlement rule that you create manually normally contains a G/L account as a receiver (such as 399999). You can also settle costs and revenues or results analysis data to objects with revenue.

Note

You can also settle the cost of sales calculated in results analysis to a fixed asset or a cost center. To do this, you must add to the allocation structure the results analysis cost elements under which the cost of sales is updated to the order.

The settlement rule includes a distribution rule for the sales order item. The distribution rule is made up of a settlement receiver, a settlement share, and a settlement type:

• The settlement receiver (such as profitability segment or G/L account) specifies the object to which the actual costs and revenue of the sales order item are settled. The settlement receiver can be proposed through the settlement profile.

• The settlement share defines the percentage or the equivalence numbers used to distribute the costs to the individual settlement receivers. The settlement share for sales order items is usually 100%. A settlement share of 100% is preset in the system.

• The settlement type specifies full settlement of the sales order item. This ensures that all the data on the sales order is available for results analysis.

Settlement still takes place in each period. The revenues and the cost of sales are transferred to CO-PA by period, and the work in process and the reserves are transferred to FI.