cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make fields Read only on all tabs in one go with the help of feeder classes in SAP EHS?

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where once we press SAVE button i have to make all the fields read only in tabs highlighted below.Which is the best method to do it.?

There are number of fields in all these tabs and we want to make them read only on particular Action event.How to do it?

Thanks,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

If you want to disable all fields in all Tab then you have implement BADI

BADI_EHFND_BO_EXT_AUTH_CHECK.

Then check your Condition there and Pass IV_ACTIVITY = '2'. You can see all fields read only in all tabs.

Thanks and regards,

Chetan P. Patil

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Try to trigger 'READ_ONLY' event.

As an example: mo_fpm->raise_event_by_id( iv_event_id = cl_fpm_event=>gc_read_only ).

If it's standard application it can help you. In any case such approach has several limitations.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliksandr,

I tried it in GET_DATA,it's not working.

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Could you share application configuration id?

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Component Configuration: EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_BINF_V_FRM

Let me know of anything else.

Thanks,

Vimal

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

earlier Configuaration was for first tab,Following one is for all tabs :

Component Configuration: EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3

Please try and let me know,if it's correct.

Also i am new to Feeder classes, So could you please explain your solution?

Thanks,

Vimal

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

is there a way that we write in one feeder class and it makes all fields in all tabs read only?

Thanks,

Vimal

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does it need "Determination" to be created ? We want to make all standard fields read only ,so if it requires determination ,how can we create it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

If you want to make all the fields read only on all tabs, you will have to write a determination on each node under root. Since all the tabs represent one node under root. But that would be tedious job to do.

You can use the feeder class method n in that call read only event as suggested by Aliaksander. Try this, it should work.

Thanks,

Sanket.

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

I think it's possible only in case if you developed your own FPM application. In standard application it must be done in all feeder classes (if standard application does not have any standard workaround - e.g. special event).

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

For my opinion it's quite difficult way (set read-only property via determination) because as Sanket wrote: you must "write a determination on each node under root".

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

As I understood you reformulate this question at this page. I will try to help you there.

former_member193724
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

I have the smae requirement , but in one tab there can be many uibb's with different feeder classes , so in which feeder class-method we need to call read_only event so that entire tab is in read only mode.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohit,

For entire tab to make it read-only, the possible method which is know to me right now is to make changes to all feeder classes n make all the fields read only.

That's how I have achieved it at least.

Regards,

Sanket.