cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch determination base on QM usage decision - system setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a requirement to allow business to find batch of material having pass certain characteristics of QM usage decision (example, some particle component percentage for a feature of the product).

I know there is a way to do this in standard SAP between batch determination and QM inspection characteristic, but I don’t know how to setup this in SPRO.

Can you show me the step-by-step to setup such feature into the SAP system?

Thanks
Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes, this is possible in standard using batch management.

Lets divide it in 2 Tasks;

1: Updating Batch characteristics after UD

2: Setting up Batch Determination config.

1: I guess you must be aware about 1st task where you need to create Batch Characteristc using CT04, Create Batch Class using CL01, then assign Batch characteristic to Batch class and assign this Batch class to Material classification view, create MIC with above class characteristic using QS21, Use this MIC in QP01.

If required, Refer

2: I assume, you are going to determine batches while creating Outbound delivery.  Once you update batch Characteristics after UD, Batch is ready to get determined using certain search criteria.

a. Create Sort Rule using CU70. Maintain a characteristics based on which you want selection of batches to be sorted.

b. Create Search Class using CL01, Assign Batch characteristics to this class too. This is very important step, Search criteria will be set on the characteristics you maintain in this search Class.

c. Create Batch search strategy using VCH1, Here you have to maintain Search class created in above step in " Selection Criteria" and Sort rule created in 1st step in "Sort".

d. AllocateSD Search Procedure/Activate Check.

d. Activate Batch determination in SD:

These are the steps to implement Batch determination.

Also go through below documents for more detailed info

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0caed4a-40f9-2c10-349a-96ec617a8...

Amol.

Answers (0)