cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnection of a JMS receiver channel after WebsphereMQ shutdown/restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have PI 7.31 with Websphere MQ Client 7.5 libraries. We transfer messages to/from a Websphere MQ 7.1 queue manager. Our JMS receiver channels have the follow parameters set:

- additional parameter CONNECTION_TEST_POLL=true

- Error handling Settings:

Wait after Message error: 1000

Wait before reconnect (msecs): 10000

Reconnect if Exception Text Starts With MQJMS*

We have a standard procedure of stopping our Production JMS receiver channels before we stop our Production Websphere MQ server for maintenance. The Websphere MQ server could be down for 2-3 hours. We restart the JMS receiver channels after the Websphere MQ server has been restarted.

My question is....would the JMS receiver channels re-connect to the Websphere MQ server if I left them active while the Websphere MQ server maintenance occurred?

Should I be using the 'Connection on demand' feature instead? Would this feature enable me to leave the PI JMS receiver channels active?

regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

If you leave the JMS receiver channels running while the JMS server is undergoing maintenance, the channels will try to deliver the messages but unable to connect to the server.

The adapter framework will move the messages to status Waiting, and reschedule it for 3 more times of automatic retry every 15 minutes (default setting.) If the 3rd automatic retry still fails, message will be set to System Error. The messages will need to be manually resend once the server is back up.

If the server is going to be down for 2-3 hours, it's best to stop the channels.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Eng for your quick response. I now know not to spent time looking at other options.

regards,

Michael

Answers (0)