cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division in Header an Item level

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I understand that the Division is the criteria which is related to material and is actually maintianed in the material master.

In that case, Why are we having Division maintained in header level in SO. Also we have Division maintained in item level as well;

I believe can both be different in some cases. I really confused on how this makes sense. Kindly help me to understand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Azam,

First of all i would suggest you, try to search in out in SCN forums there are several discussions held regarding this concern. Copying a reference of some thread might be helpful for you. Further move if you are not clear after reading this let us know. here is the link.  Thanks

Check Division and Item Division | SCN

Regards,

Suhaib Bin Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Azam,

Division can be maintained header and item level based on the business requirement. If we activate Item division Check box in Sales document type(VOV8) - General Control section, system gives priority to item division that have maintained in material master data. If there is difference between header and item division then you can control the same through filed Check division in Sales document type.

Regards,

manoranjan.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right,Division can be at header or item level it depends on the Business process.

some companies have specific divisions which are different from other divisions then the process need to be mapped as division need to be same as Header and item level.this can achieved by marking the check Division field in the sales document type under VOV8

if there is no variation between header and item division you can uncheck the the field and pucnh any division material in the same sales order,report will be based at item level