SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you guys please help me on the over payment scenario:

Scenario:

Payment with 120 usd is posted against an invoice which is open for 100 USD. When the payment got applied it clears the 100 USD and the rest 20 go and sit on account. But our requirement is to clear that 20 USD against the oldest invoice.

Is there a way that i can achieve this with clearing rules or else do i have to use any events to achieve the required.

The clearing variant that we have defined is with two steps : In 1st step we grouped contract account and invoice number with sorting on due date and invoice number

in Step 2 we defined grouping on contract account and sorting on due date.

Thanks,

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Step 1 should probably not sort by invoice number.  That is not usually sequential for a utility.  And then it would basically be the same as step 2 which should work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Step 1 should probably not sort by invoice number.  That is not usually sequential for a utility.  And then it would basically be the same as step 2 which should work.