cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Value Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Even after going though so many blogs and document , it has not cleared my understanding on value table at some juncture. I am working in SAP PO 7.31 JAVA only option and its File to Proxy synchronous scenario.Undecided on how to implement the solution.

1. I have to make some more than 100 entries (list of countries) where in the source system it send only the numeral character like 001 and I have to map to US to the receiver, 044 to UK and vice verse. Is it feasible and work with out any performance issue if I maintain Value Table with more than 150+ entries. Suggest a simple method.....

2. In the same message mapping , I have to map 2 other fields i.e. Plant Name and Plant Location which again has 2 and 3 different representation. Should I have to create another Value Mapping table for each Plant Name and Plant Location separately or can I club for this 2 fields in the same Value Mapping table.

Regards

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any suggestion .. I am in urgent need.

Regards

Rebecca

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

I would suggest to use one table for the requirement. you can create a table with 4 column like below and perform the value mapping.

CodeCountryPlant namePlant location
001USAAB
044UKBBC

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Your input was helpful. But I want to maintain separate Value table for Country representation as asked in query 1 and separate for query 2.

The reason for maintaining different value table for query 1 and 2 because the primary key Plant has several location and I don't want to create a complex matrix composed of 3 columns with more than 150+ entries for country itself. That,s why segregating the Value Table for Country.

Now the most crucial decision whether I can maintain a Value Table for more than 150+ country.This is the representation.

Source        Value Mapping      Receiver

001                                         USA

002                                         MEX

003                                         CAN

---

---

044                                         AUS

---

151                                         CMR

Can this be done without any glitches?

Regards

Rebecca

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

The value mapping for country name to code and  vice versa can be done without any issue with two column table. you can also use standard value mapping object for this requirement (in ID).

And for plan name to plant location you can use the same table (as it also have two column).

regards,

Harish