cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation models SAP GUI for HTML and web transaction programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello togehter,

I am using R/3 4.6c with a standalone ITS which works fine. My question(s) is a general one for better understanding what is described in the documentation of the

R/3 4.6c SAP Library with respect to the subject mentioned above.

First :

when i start the internet service 'SW_WEBGUI' from within se80 i get a fine WEBGUI presented, where i can now start transactions without any implementation effort in a similar way like using the windows sapgui.

Is the Web Gui presented from this webservice what is meant with 'SAP GUI for HTML' ?

I am not really sure when i look into SAP libray. Within the chapter ITS Implementation Models , the 'SAP GUI for HTML' is mentioned as

one of two implementation models (see subject) to offer transactions within a browser. and not as an already implemented and ready for use internet service 'SW_WEBGUI' .

Second:

Getting eager to know it for shure i start creating an internet service from se80.

Unluckely none of the two implementation models (see subject) is offered to be choosen from. Instead of i am asked if i want to create an easy web transaction.

If i say yes, am i following now the 'sapgui for HTML' or the 'webtransaction programming' model?

This is now no longer for academical interest, because different restrictions are mentioned in the sap help especially for the usage of user elements if i follow one of these aproaches.

well, obviously there is no real hard problem to be solved but

I appricate any comment to get a better understanding.

best regards: Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin,

This is a continuation of the previous message.

For SAPGUI in HTML there are various options:

1>

if you have generated the internet service giving the transaction and clicking the its mixed mode following checks are made.

If the SAP ITS finds a suitable HTMLBusiness template for a sent screen, the HTML page is generated

as usual, that is based on this template.

�� If there is no corresponding HTMLBusiness template for a screen in the file system, the HTML page is

generated using the functions in the HTMLBusiness function library and the style files referenced in it.

What you get is identical to what you would see in the SAP GUI for HTML.

2>

If you choose EasyWeb Transaction as the classification type, the GUI status is never mapped.

�� If you classify the transaction as a Professional User Transaction, the GUI status is mapped only if the HTML page is generated generically (that is, not based on an existing template).

�� If you choose the Professional User Transaction type, you must therefore ensure that either an HTMLBusiness template exists for all screens (and the GUI status is consequently not shown on any HTML page) or that all screens are generated generically (and the GUI status is consequently

shown on all HTML pages).

�� For a transaction of the type EasyWebTransaction you can use the mixed mode to allow you to convert lists and dialog boxes. By adapting the style files used, you can ensure a uniform appearance (as long as all the templates of the Web application were generated based on the SAP HTMLBusiness function library).

Regards,

Manish

Rewards are helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

thanks too for your detailed information. I have already given some remarks to Tobias which focus the center of my very special problem of understanding .

I really apriciate your helpful information .

best regards: Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

lots of questions and a detailed discussion.

Using the webgui service for running a transaction can be don in different ways:

• just start the service and you will see the first screen of your start transaction

• use the ~transaction parameter in the URL

• create a service containing

~transaction MYTA

~webgui 1

• pass the transaction, some field values and an OK code as URL parameter to the

webgui service

I am not sure having covered all possibilities

Please keep in mind that the webgui is a service designed for providing a SAPGui for

HTML, this means: Work like a SAPGui for Windows or a SAPGui for Java - in

contrast to the IACs or some EWTs .

EWTs: EWTs can be run in the so called mixed mode. This means that we use

specific application templates for each screen of the transaction. For screens without

templates a generic rendering will be used. This mode is enabled by setting

~generatedynpro. This does not work very well, if ~webgui is set also...

This is reflected in a change we introduced with the WebAS 7.00: In the releases before

7.00 the webgui service uses generic templates belonging to an 'Internet Service' called

system. We changed that and introduced a new Internet Service called webgui. So

mixed mode applications will use generic templates from system while webgui services

will use the templates from webgui.

Back to your question: EWTs can use generic templates without setting ~webgui as I

explained above. Yes, you can run EWTs without own templates. Indeed, most of the

EWTs I saw don't provide own templates, they are EWTs because of the user should

not see the menu bar and the OK code field. For such scenarios we would recommend

to use a webgui service with the new parameters for suppressing the menu/okcode field.

Thats what I wanted to say when I pointed to note 1010519.

hope this helps

regards Tobias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin,

the following are the different types of Internet applications that can be developed

in SAP systems.

SAP GUI for HTML

Web Transactions

ITS Flow Logic

Business Server Pages

SAP GUI for HTML Concept

This "programming model" allows you to automatically convert

existing transactions in the SAP system into HTML pages.

These applications are designed for experienced users who want to connect

to an SAP system from any place in the world, using a Web browser.

Web Transaction Concept

Existing dialog transactions are mapped on HTML pages using

HTMLBusiness templates. You can use the HTMLBusiness templates to

influence the presentation of the HTML pages.

ITS FLow Logic Concept

You can use this programming model to develop Web applications that

are not based on dialog transactions. You use HTMLBusiness templates to

present the HTML pages; the processing logic containing the BAPI or

function module calls is located in the ITS Flow file.

BSP Application Concept

You can also use this programming model to develop Web

applications that are not based on existing dialog transactions.

You can use Business Server Pages for presenting the HTML pages and for

the processing logic.

The first 3 use ITS and the last uses WAS

Regards,

Manish

Rewards are helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

I will try to answer and make things clear:

Though I do not know the service 'SW_WEBGUI' I am almost sure your are talking

about the webgui - the code name for the SAP Gui for HTML. That means the same

indeed. The 'SAP Gui for HTML' - let me use the shorter 'webgui' in the following -

allows you to use almost every SAP transaktion based on the dynpro - ABAP

programming model without the need to install a special client software. This might

be already known What is a webgui? The answer is simple: A webgui is an ITS

service having a service parameter ~webgui set. A webgui service usually does not use

screen specific templates, generic templates for rendering the dynpro controls and its

contents are used.

In contrast to that we have <b>I</b>nternet <b>A</b>pplication <b>C</b>omponents. IACs

are written using the dynpro programming model, but the rendering is done using a

specific template for each screen. The contents of the dynpro can freely be placed

on the HTML page. A mixed mode application is an IAC using the webgui rendering

technique for screens without special templates.

To the second question:

An <b>E</b>asy <b>W</b>eb <b>T</b>ransaction is a transaction based on the dynpro

model too, designed for simple actions. Usually we do not use screen specific

templates for running EWTs. EWTs do not provide the application/system menus

in the screen, instead we offer only a help and a quit menu action, an okcode field is

not available. The handling of pop ups is different compared to the webgui behaviour.

A service uses an EWT if the service parameter ~webtransactiontype has been set to

'EWT' or the transaction has been specified as an EWT (Transaction SE93).

Do not use ~webgui for running EWTs.

In most cases, a transaction is specified a an EWT for supressing the Okcode field

and the application/system menu. This can be done now in a different way too. Future

patches of the webgui services will allow to simplify the transaction screens.

Note 1010519 describes this feature.

Hope this does not confuse too much and is helpful

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

your answer is really NOT confusing but very helpful: Thanks !

Let me give some more remarks to focus in which context i may be have a need for more clarification and please give me another short feedback.

First: The service SW_WEBGUI

This is a real internet service offered within the R/3 system i am currently working on and not only an abstract code name. It belongs to the development package WOST (last change 21.08.2000) and can be started from se80 to present afterwards, what we both call (i asume smile) a WEBGUI where i can initiate 'allmost all' transactions without any implementation effort from the browser.

Indeed this service offers the same webgui as the internet service 'WEBGUI' you can start from an netweaver2004s based integrated ITS using se80 or sicf. I do not know, why this service has another naming in the R/3 system i am now working on... but such is live.

To get shure we really mean the same , the usage of this service is described in detail in an SDN blog from 'Durairaj Athavan Raja' .

Within this blog he also mentions a second possibility to start an transacton

using the service (SW_)WEBGUI . You can call a transaction directly using the service and a url like

http://:xxx.xx.com/sap/bc/pgui/sap/its/webgui/~transaction=SU01

So if this is what the SAP Library calls the 'SAPGUI for HTML' programming model .... ok ( may be my problem of understanding is, that this programming model does not request any programming smile)

SECOND: the service parameter ~webgui

This is even more interesting. I already found this parameter in some predelivered services and i used it for testing purposes to display simple R/3 transactions in a browser. Did i understand .. are the generic templates for rendering the dynpro you mention in the context of this parameter the same, which are used from the internet service (SW_)WEBGUI ? so is this just a third possibility to use this generic templates or the webgui service itself ?

Third: IACS and the web transaction programming model

What you told me towards this subject is indeed a clear and concrete view of what i get from the 'system'.

I missed this clear and concrete view when i read in the sap library that the

'SAP GUI for HTML programming model' and the 'Web transaction programming model' are two ways to write a IAC.

One more question towards the subject 'easy web transaction' please. You write:

Do not use ~webgui for running EWTs . Does this mean you cannot use the generic and automatically rendered templates mentioned in your post. You too write: Usually we do not use screen specific templates for running EWTs. This seems to be a contradiction first. Is there an own set of predefined templates offered for these EWTS?

When i created simple internet services with the parameter ~webtransactiontype set to 'EWT' i had to create own templates manually using the functionality offered from the service context menue before i could start these services

So Thanks again Tobias and best regards: Martin