cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment From SU Managed Bulk Storage Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to implement Immediate TO Creation Random Bin Management from a SU Managed Bulk Storage Type.

Our scenario is the following:

• We have a SU Managed Bulk Stype: Stype 702
  • We have a SU Managed Stype with Putaway Strategy "P": Stype 701
  • We have material 11000026 and we define the following in WM View 2:
    • Max Qt: 6000
    • Min Qt: 2000
    • Replenishment Qt: 3000 

Whenever a delivery TO from 701 is confirmed, and the stock level of material 11000026 in SType 701 drops below the Min. Qt, we need the system to immediately generate a replenishment TO: 3000 kg from Source SType 702 to Destination SType 701.

So far we have done the following:

• Created a WM.Mov.Type 721, for which Manual TO creation is not allowed and with Ref.Stor.type Search 721.
  • We defined Replenishment Control for SType 701: with Replenishment Mov.Type 721 and Replenishment Technique 2.
  • Created SType Indicator with Operation A and Ref.Stor.type Search 721; in the sequence the first and only SType is Stype 702.
  • We assigned the SType Indicator to Material in WM View 1.

Whenever we actually confirm a delivery TO from 701 and the stock level drops below the min Qt., the system is not generating the immediate TO. What is the correct configuration or how can I achieve our request?

(The configuration described above works perfectly between STypes that have both the same Putaway Strategy, "P")

Thank you,

Leonidas Oyaga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried running Tx. LP24 and got error: material stagging was not possible.

I went around the issue to solve the situation. I created an ID Point, 711, and assigned it to SType 701. Whenever a delivery TO from 701 is confirmed, and the stock of the material drops below the Min Qt. the system immediatley generates the TO from 702 to 711. Then from 711 I créate a TO to 701.

But I still don´t know what was causing the error.

The process described above is working fine for us. However, if someone finds a way to solve the issue, it would be helpful.

Thank you,

Leonidas Oyaga

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check LT0R t-code as I described two posts above,
and get back with the results...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

Just tried running Tx. LT0R. I get Error Message No. L3009: "no destination storage bin to be found in storage type 701."

(Before doing this, I deleted ID Point 711 from SType 701).

I believe the issue is related to the relationship between SU Managed Bulk SType (702) and SType 701. In 702 stock in a storage bin can be identified based on the SU. However, when creating the TR or OT the system is not able to find a destination storage bin because the quantity taken from a storage bin in 702 is greater than the max quantity allowed in a single storage bin in 701. As if when picking the quantities it is trying to deliver the whole quantity to a single storage bin instead of transfering each SU (1000 KG per SU) to a different storage bin.

For Instance:

Material 11000026 Stype 701

Min Qt: 2000

Max Qt: 6000

Replenishment Qt: 4000

Storage Bin Capacity in 701: 1000

When stock level drops belowe Min. Qt, and the system tries to do replenishment from 702 by delivering 4000, the system is not able to find a storage bin in storage type 701 because it excedes the storage bin capacity.

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you put your replenishement qty to 1000?

And why is the maximum quantity in your storage bin 6000 if you have capacity of 1000?

If you maintain realistic data on WM view 2 for  ST 701 it should work fine.
That should be:
Max qty: 1000
Min qty: 1
Replen. qty: 1000

Maybe I'm missing something...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

The Replenishment Qt is 4000 because that is the min Qt. that is cost-efficient to move; less of it would not be cost-effecient.

We are not using fixed bin replenishment, we are using replenishment for SType with random space management; that is, the material can be stored in any storage bin that is empty within the SType (Between SType that have the same strategy, "P", we have had no problemas at all). Each individual Storage Bin has a max capacity of 1000, but the SType has many Storage Bins.

Best Regards,

Leonidas Oyaga

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to use LT0R t-code and enter:
warehouse number: your WhNum
storage type: 701
material number: 11000026

Execute, and see if it works.
Post any errors if you get them.
Btw do you have enough stock in 702?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonidas,

Without any  message / message number it is bit difficult for us to suggest what may be wrong

Did you tried with LP24 manually if there is any error system will display that share that with us which will help us to find the root cause and will provide the solution accordingly.