cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the physical inventory record is counted the new counted date is not updating in the new PID’s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, When the physical inventory record is counted the new counted date is not updating in the new Physical Inventory Document that means the system is showing the old count dates for the newly created Physical inventory count. Please refer the attachment for more information. Regards, Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

You can try below and let me know the result.

I believe you must be using cycle counting method. Make sure the person name of inventory document creator and the person who actually count the document is same. If so then last counting date will be correctly updated. I would advice you to simulate below scenario.

Create the PI document and assign the name of person. And perform the actual counting by another person by exactly same method for which you were getting an error. Then observe the results.

If above solution fails to find out the cause then consult SAP.

Cheer up!! and all the best!!!

Milind Chaudhari

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you missed to run RLREOLPQ to remove the old inventory data from bins and quants, see the docu: Continuous Inventory - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

if you use cycle count then you should not run this report, then better take the info about last inventory count from the inventory documents instead of the quant or the bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,  Thank you for your respond.. I need some clarification from the below. Physical Inventory in the Distribution center is an ongoing process throughout the year. Are you suggesting to reset the data prior to creating a new PID at every creation or end of the fiscal year?  Why is this different from the Retail process? Regards, Sai Krishna.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know the Physical Inventory process in Retail hence I cannot answer why it is different, I do not even know if it is different.

If you are doing Cycle Counting, then please do not run this report to delete the last inventory date, this is only causing trouble.

If you do not use Cycle Counting and want always the real last inventory date in the bin, then run the report before you do the first inventory in a new fiscal year.