cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need better understanding of Programs that update Credit Data on orders

0 Kudos

We currently run RVKRED07 once a week - but no one is sure why that program is being run versus the other choices (RVKRED77; RFDKL120).

My questions:

1.  What is the difference between RVKRED07 and RVKRED77 and RFDKL120?  When should you use one versus the other?  (Search in OSS notes is limited on this)

2. What is RVKREDSP identified as  "set locks for RVKRED07"?  Should we be running it because we are running RKRED07?

3.  If all we want to do is change credit rep group for all orders (we are changing how we use that attribute), which report is suggested so that we don't end up changing more data than we want to?  In our QA environment, I ran RFDKL120, and it blanked out existing credit attributes including the credit rep group.  Has anyone had this experience before?

I have already downloaded and referred to 408596 - RFDKLI20 Recreating credit data.  Of concern to me is the statement in the OSS note..."This can result in further changes in the document - exactly those changes that would also occur if you manually executed VA02 and saved the data" as well the test in QA that actually blanked out VBAK credit attributes on the order gives me concerns and I can't seem to get the risk category or credit rep group back on the test order even though FD32 master data had data when the RFDKLI20 when it was run

Would appreciate anyone else's experience or understanding of these programs.

Thanks.

JT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the comments.  Yes, I had referred to those OSS notes.  I was hoping there was some documentation to contrast the different jobs.  Because there is no documentation that says one job updates A, B and C while the other updates A, B, C, D....Do you assume that they both update the same fields on VBAK and S066, S067 and the only difference is the locking of tables?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to get clarified to your lengthy queries, you need to sit with your technical team who can explain in detail what logic is written in each program.  In a nutshell,  it is recommended to use RVKRED07 instead of RVKRED77.  This is due to the fact that program RVKRED77 blocks all the SD tables for a longer period and this program should run without any interruption.  This will also affect system performance severely.  To know more about this, have a look at the following note:-

• Note 363343 - Parallel processing of RVKRED77 if the runtime is too long

G. Lakshmipathi

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you already check this OSS notes?

1756125 - Wrong credit values - identify and correct

400311 - RVKRED77: Reorganization credit data, new documentation

Best regards,

Andrea