cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background GATP based on LOAD Scheduling Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We work with an integrated solution between ECC and APO.

During the sales Order entry, the system triggers a Background GATP in order to calculate a first MAD Date.

It seems that during this Background GATP the system doesn't read on APO side the Load Scheduling step based on the Start Location and The Means of Transport. From the condition analysis, I noticed that the system doesn't read the field Means of Transport.

The only way that I found to solve this issue was to map in the APO Customizing ( GATP => Transportation and Shipment Scheduling  => Interfaces => Define assignment of Default Means of Transport to Shipping Conditions) The shipping condition to the means of Transport but this is only a one to one relation meaning that I cannot assign several MoT to the same Means of Transport.

Do you have any idea how can I try to manage that issue?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Kr,

JP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue has been solved by using the CPS (Configurable Process scheduling ).The conditions defined in the CPS allow more flexibility  than the one defined in the standard condition technique.

Kind regards,

Jean-Philippe Draye

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Which method are you using to perform transportation/shipment scheduling in APO GATP?

Scheduling - SAP Library

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

We are currently using the sheduling of TP/VS but we noticed that the Background GATP doesn't take the LOAD scheduling steps... system takes into account the Loading time only during the DRD..

Kr,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

There are four standard TP/VS scheduling methods.  See the link I provided.  Which one are you using?

If you are using 'scheduling using the condition technique', the results of the determination are generally a value; which you enter in AU11/display in AU13.   This method doesn't actually read the contents of TL MT, or any other master data.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the the condition technique using the access sequence Load.

In the Sales Order Header, we have defined the Means of Transport which also defined at item level.

On APO side, I defined a means of Transport having the same ID. My aim is to determine during the Background GATP the loading time based on the Shipping point and the Means of Tarnsport coming from ECC.

Kind regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Looking at your analysis, I don't see shipping point. I quickly put this

together in my sandbox.  This is what yours should look like.

You probably will only need one access, delete all that you have done so far and instead create a table for the items you mentioned above (shipping point / means of transport).  Create the access from that table. .

Let me back off a bit.  I suggest you THOROUGHLY read the link I provided.  There is a fairly good description of all the steps you need to perform to make this work.  Once you have read this, come back if you have any more questions.

Best Regards,

DB49