cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check not working for Item Cat TANN or YG05 in Btch Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently working on implementing Automatic Batch Determination (BD) project and one fine piece is holding up the implementation (make or break for project).

In our QA System:

- In inventory we have a quantity of 2 for a material: 1 in one batch and 1 in another batch.

- Create an order with 2 line items with the same material number for a quantity of 1 each.  Line item category is TANN

- When you generate the delivery the batch determination causes the items to split (even though you have a quantity of 1 in the line item).

- When you go into the delivery and open up the 1st line item and look at the 900001 line, BD chooses the 1st batch for a quantity of 1.  Line item category is YG05.

- When you open up the 2nd line item and look at the 900002 line, BD chooses the 1st batch again, NOT the 2nd batch which it should.

If I change the line item category on the Sales Order to TAN and generate the delivery, BD correctly assigns the 1st batch to the 900001 line item and the 2nd batch to the 900002 line item.  Which is correct.

Now for the strange part.  The TANN item category and BD works find in our DEV Sandbox, but NOT in our QAS system.

I have spent two days now trying to find out where Availability Check is assigned specifically to Item  Categories and any differences between our DEV Sandbox and our QA systems to no avail.

Our customers need the ability to be able to put the same material number on multiple lines of a sales order due to special pricing per customer within an order.

Can anyone direct me to some configuration or transaction that controls Availability Checking by Item Category.  I have checked the 0VLP transaction and they are identical between our DEV and QA system for the TANN and YG05 categories.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can anyone direct me to some configuration or transaction that controls Availability Checking by Item Category

For information, item category will not control the availability check but through schedule line category which is assigned to item category.  You may also be aware that Availability Check can be controlled from material master.  But you maintained the same material in two line items, issue could be due to your schedule line category.  First check what schedule line category is flowing in sale order.  In standard, CP would do availability check and CN would not.  So you need to check in VOV6 for that schedule line category whether the box "Availability" is checked or not.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VOV6 the 'CP' Schedule Line Cat. has the Availability flag check.  There were a few areas where I found an "Availability" flag and made sure there were all set.

But, I did finally find out what the error was:

Logistics Exec -> Shipping -> Basic Shipping Functions -> Avail Check and Transfer of Requirements -> Transfer of Requirements -> Determination Of Requirement Types Using  Transactions

There are entries by Item Category.  For

I/C = TANN

MRP type = PD

the Requirement Type was missing (if you look at the entry for TAN/PD you see an 11 in the RqTy column).

So I entered a 11 (Delivery Requirement) into the field and now the Availability Check works and I am getting the correct Batches and quantities during Batch Determination.

There is no entry for the YG05 batch split, so I guess the system just uses the Item Category of the main line item.

Thanks for the responses.  Sorry to bother you I should have figured this out earlier.

Scott.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"- When you open up the 2nd line item and look at the 900002 line, BD chooses the 1st batch again, NOT the 2nd batch which it should."

This simply should not happen as it means you are over-confirming the 1st batch. I dont think any configuration should allow this to happen (particularly if the availability check is swicth on in 0VLP).

Are your DEV & QA systems both on the same support pack level?