cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant options in APO mc90 and lcout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus:

I'm changing my Planning area in both DP and SNP from 2 years to 5 years in monthly buckets. I need to release my forecast from DP into SNP for all buckets. In the variant, I see the choice for "Current day +/- days". When I try to enter any value over 1000 days, I get an error saying it can't accept it (too long). "Entry too long (enter in the format __~V)"

It appears that only 3 characters are accepted, so 999 is my limit. But this is only 33 months instead of 60 months.

Do you know how I can get an option to enter "Current month +/- months"?   Then I could say "60 months"

This is in /n/sapapo/mc90.  I'm using the row "Current Date" in the variant save screen which is about 7 or 8 down from the top. In the selection variable, I chose "D" for Dynamic Date Calculation.

These are my only choices:

Current Date

Current date +/- ??? days

current date +/- ??? work days

First day of current month

nth working day of current month

First day of next month

First day of previous month

Last day of previous month

Last Day of the Current Month

(This same issue is on tcode lcout which releases from SNP to DP).

Thanks.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

I checked the option for taking values from TVARVC table in the variant screen.You can refer to this variant But in this case You need to change the variant every time before release.

Can you leave the date field blank and release so that it will release the forecast for the total horizon in the planning area ? This option is applicable only when you have forecast for only 5 years horizon which you want to release .

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

alan_heathcote
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of how to bypass the 999 day limit

However a potential workaround for you to consider would be to instead use program /SAPAPO/RELEASE_CUBE_TO_SNP, i.e. release from an infocube to SNP.  Therefore your revised release process would be DP > INFOCUBE > SNP.

In the attributes for date parameter in /SAPAPO/RELEASE_CUBE_TO_SNP there is choice

(Beginning of mth-xx months, end of mth+yy months)

which would meet your 60 month requirement.

Good luck