cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger events dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ladies and Gents

Is it possible to use the value of one input field to determine the value and auto populate another input field on the WDA?

In particular I want the users to input a date and after leaving that input field other date fields are updated with relevant dates calculated via a method. However, I want this to be dynamic without the user having to press enter to trigger the function call (Event onEnter) similar to the behaviour in Javascript event handlers like onchange or onfocus.

We are on Netweaver 7.4 if that is an issue.

Cheers

Jon.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jon,

No you will not be able to do it through the INPUT fields as it has only On enter event.

but it is possible to handle using date navigator or List box or drop down fields.

hope this will help you.

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately neither of those options will work in my scenario. It's a real limitation to not be able to use such simple concepts as found in JS and other web technologies!

Cheers

Jon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you try the HTML container and HTML Islands, Where you can have Java scripting or HTML5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani

Thanks for directing me to the HTML Island/Container. I wasn't aware of those concepts.

I've been looking at the documentation and the WDR_TEST_HTML_ELEMENT application but from what I can see all the examples still rely on the user triggering an action from a button press. Am I missing something here? I want to trigger the action and the JS when a field has a value entered or when the user tabs away from the field.

Do you know if this is possible?

Cheers

Jon