Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.part logistics with service

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We are looking into a new process, we want to recive goods (which is serialized) for different vendors, store them, some times a service will be done on some of the materials other times it will be shipped to the vendors location. The vendors are charged for the Storage and the transportation.

What is the best process in SAP to cover this? The process exists but not in our sap system, i see at least two problems, how do we get the material into the Warehouse, today we are reciving a file with information about material, number and serialnumber to be recived. This must be converted to some kind of GR but we dont recive any invoice since the material belongs to the vendor so a standard PO will not work as i see it. Then they are either shipped to the vendors locations, or goes into a service process, so we must be able to see the serialnumbers in the Warehouse and track them days in Warehouse since that, evt service and transportation that is charged.

Any suggestions for a good standard process in SAP?

regards

Ivar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivar,

I am not getting clear picture of the requirement, can you explain little more details as below

What is AS IS process followed?

What is the TO Be process expected in SAP?

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

The as is process does not exsist in the SAP system today, it is done manually.  The to be proccess is as described, a file with material, and serialnumbers are recived,  some kind of GR process so the material/serialnumber can be tracked in the Warehouse. This Stock is none valuated, Then the materials are either shipped to the vendors location, or undergo a service in the CS part of SAP. and then shipped to the vendors. We charge for the days in our Warehouse, the service and the transportation. The service is coverd in CS, the transportation in TM but how to get the Stock visible in the Warehouse is my problem at the moment.

regards

Ivar

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ivar,

You can do this process  in SAP as per the below steps, its a high level design.

You need to map your supplier as Plant -A and you as a Vendor as Plant -B.

You need to maintain your supplier stock count @ Plant A or as an exception you can use 561 MT to upload stock incase the first one is not possible.

1. You can set-up , by setting up 2 plants in SAP system.(Plant- A -supplier and Plant -B - receiver)

I assume you are @ receiver end, hence your WH should be assigned to Plant-B

2. when ever you receive the file or order, you need to create the repair PO(STO Process without billing)

3. The STO - supplier - plant -A and receving plant -B, Outbound DN - PGI from the Plant A.( MT- 641)

4. Create material master for those materials with serial number profile & maintain the values in the profile.

4. When you receive the materials @ your warehouse ie while doing GR w.r.t Outbound delivery in MIGO, you need to enter the serial numbers in the MIGO.

5. All your materials will be tracked using the SN in your WH.

6.Once your service is done, create a STO(2nd STO) from Plant - B and send it to Plant A.

7.To calculate the number of days staged/parked in your WH, differance between GR date of the 1st STO and the PGI date of the 2nd STO.

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I cant see why I should need two plants, i want to get the material visible as Stock non valuated, then be able to move them internaly, use them in the CS process and ship them via TM. To use the GR date is a ok idea and will check that to follow up on days on hand. But the process must be possible to do without two plants. Since i will need to get the Stock into the first plant anyway, Any other ideas? Basicly it is a 3.party/subcontracting process for our customer.

Regards

Ivar

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ivar,

IF you dont want to use 2 plants scenario, then you can try the below process flow but this is quite lengthly process.

Please find the high level design

SO- PR- PO- GR ( these steps should happen imme as soon you received the file from customer)- then Do the rework or repair, once everything is done Create delivery and PGI to the customer.

here SO- will have customer

and PO - will have Vendor

Logically both should be same person , but system wise it should be different entity.

I mean SO is for instruction to vendor  to park/Store in your WH, once you agree your request him to send the Equipement/material thru PO.He supply you the material and you do the QI and do GR.

Please note you need to config the system in a way that valuation should not be done & PO should not have price. But the price is SO should be customized, in way it should do the caluculation based the no of days parked in the WH.

To calculate the number of days staged/parked in your WH, differance between GR date of the PO and the PGI date of the delivery.