cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of Prompt Dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I'm working with Design Studio with some reports and dashboards linked to Bex queries.

I would like to change the appearance or at least the dimensions of the starting Prompt Dialog.

Is it possible?

Can i also change the aspect of the function-called Prompt Dialog?

P.s: I'm using DS 1.3.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

So we are advised not to use prompts. And this is what I've been recommending to my customers for months. And if they have a lot of existing queries with some, to set them with dummy values on variable initialization event.

But I'm suprised that there is no CSS class or something (if there is any other place where this prompt dialog design could be set). It has to be stored somewhere, no?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't see a place to store the CSS for the prompts; perhaps request this on Idea Place at ideas.sap.com ?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Antonino,

You can change the dimensions for the prompt through the BEx query - can you be more specific on this?  Design Studio supports many features/prompts from the BEx query - please see

Maybe you can use the camera icon to describe what you are looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok my bad. When i said dimensions i mean the size(width and height) of the prompt dialog that appear when i launch the DS application.

I would like to change also the style of the prompt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonino,

as far as i remember from my recent Design Studio training (was 1.2 though), it is not possible to change the initial prompt dialog.

The only way to circumvent this, that I was told about is:

- give dummy values before the variable initialization

- then call your own stylish prompt in the code after the initialization

Regards,

Philipp

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philipp - good response

We had a discussion about prompt dialog at ASUG Annual Conference - do you really want your dashboards to have prompts?

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No!