cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage bin could not be found during Outbound processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm new to EWM and currently facing a problem which I think it's very strange.

A typical and very simple outbound processing test:

1. SO and OBD created in ERP and OBD replicated to EWM

2. Trying to create WT from ODO

3. System shows error 'no storage bin found', WT creation fails

I've checked all related configuration and still couldn't figure out why, attached is some snapshots for your information.

ODO

Create WT with error

Current available stock

Stock removal search sequence and strategy

Highly appreciate any inputs to help me to know where I was wrong or something is missing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Check have you created GI-ZONE. check this first and try to created WT.

If not then check below.

then have u maintain SRCI for mat.

Check optimize table just after SRCI config. Have you flagged SRCI and WPT.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Yes, you're right, I've made a stupid mistake, GI-ZONE in 9020 was not created:(, thanks a lot!

Regards,

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

did you check the application log? If yes, please post it also. If no, you can switch in on using Tx./SCWM/ACTLOG - Activate Application Log.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. I'm also trying to find detailed log, here is what I did, I activated application log:

In SLG1, I can see these logs after I triggered this error again, but no extra information is logged:(

Anything I missed?

Regards,

Jason

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Did you restart the Tx. for the WT creation, the missing log might be a buffer issue

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted all logs using SLG2 and quit SAP GUI then login again, executed /scwm/todlv_o to trigger the error and went back to SLG1, still system shows such. I think detailed log should be there in system but I just couldn't find it out, so I have to rethink my configurations, try to find something wrong or missing.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

my bet is actually that the destination bin is wrong. Try to create a WT again, then close the pop-up and look at the log (the button on the top of the screen, not one which is saved).

That usually happens when there is a mismatch between the bin entered in the warehouse process type and the real existing bin. Definetely the complete log should help you.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Juergen, Require complete log to identify the correct root cause.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen and Sathish,

Thanks for the info, it turned out I forgot to create GI-ZONE in 9020. But I'm still wondering why there is no detailed log in SLG1 even after activating WT application log. Whre is the button you mentioned on the top of the screen? Is it from dropdown menu 'goto'? I checked there, still no detailed info.

Regards,

Jason

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what did you select when you activate the log? There is a dropdown, something with "Important", "Medium", "Additional Information" (or similar). With that you select how much information your log includes.

And the icon is on the "Create Warehouse Task" screen, something with a paper scroll.

Brgds

Juergen